cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to boot Memtest86+ USB for g75vx best buy?

mbrev
Level 7
Hi there. I just recently purchased the Corsair Valueselect laptop memory from Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233370), and so far it seems compatible with the Hynix memory that came with the laptop. I've checked using Hwinfo64 and cpu-z and the timings are 11-11-11-30 I think and there's no problem at the moment but I wasn't able to test if the two new Rams are error free because I can't get the laptop to boot on the usb with memtest86+. I've downloaded memtest's Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) and disabled secure boot control and the usb doesn't boot, it goes straight to Win8. Need help. Tnx.
3 REPLIES 3

rewben
Level 13
try disable secure boot control, disable fast boot, and enable launch csm in the bios.

you might wanna use restart and then hit f2 key repeatedly on reboot to get to the bios.

rewben wrote:
try disable secure boot control, disable fast boot, and enable launch csm in the bios.

you might wanna use restart and then hit f2 key repeatedly on reboot to get to the bios.

Thank you rewben, this works. I was able to choose the non-uefi usb option after rebooting and then hitting the esc key( I did not need to change the boot order in bios), but before doing what you suggested I was only seeing the windows option and uefi usb option. Thanks again and hope somebody else finds this useful.

rewben
Level 13
no problem @mbrev. i was referring to getting into bios to change those options haha!

yes, the esc key is handy 🙂