cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did iGPU go?

TenBlade
Level 11
Before I got my gpu installed, the gtx 680, I had a single monitor hooked up to the HDMI port on the mainboard, worked right out of the box.
Now, after gpu is installed, I can´t get any signal to the monitor. I got three Samsung monitors hooked up to the GTX 680, got Surround up and running at 5040 x 1050, no problems. But I can´t seem to get anything going on the iGPU, where I have an Acer 23" connected via HDMI.
iGPU activted in BIOS, primary display is pcie, iGPU memory auto, Render Standby enabled, iGPU Multi-monitor enabled. I don´t however have LucidLogix Virtu installed, would that be necessary, since iGPU seemed to work right out of the box without Virtu?
BIOS version 0402.
Nvidia control panel gives no hints about a fourth monitor.
9 REPLIES 9

billyray520
Level 10
You don't need Virtu MVP to have multi-monitor mode work. But maybe you need "auto" instead of PCIe in primary GPU in BIOS. Do you have Intel's HD4000 iGPU driver installed?
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

TenBlade
Level 11
Thanks, I'll do that, and check if driver's up to date. Thx 🙂

KILLER_K
Level 10
Or check to make sure it is enabled in the bios for the igpu. Some tend to disable once you install a stand alone gpu. Good luck.

red454
Level 11
I checked mine - and I had no output on the motherboard video. (both monitors were typically connected to the discrete video card - so I never fooled with the iGPU)

I did two things - not sure which one had any effect, but first I enabled the Virtu multi monitor feature in the BIOS and I updated to the latest HD4000 driver (recently released).

Reboot and I have video for one monitor from my video card and video from the iGPU on the other monitor...
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

TenBlade
Level 11
After a long hassle with the driver not wanting to install due to insufficient system resources I finally found, that the driver was already installed, it must´ve done that by itself during the immense amount of updates after newly installed OS.
I tried auto settings in BIOS and managed to get a picture, but the iGPU screen was the main screen, and fiddling around to get the right order, the whole shabang just went crazy. The screen order was all screwed up, and the iGPU connected monitor went blank... I could identify and swap all I wanted, but nothing happened grrrrr :mad:.
Finally reinstalled nvidia driver, re-did the order in desktop level first then in nvidia settings. So, I´m back to square one, but that´s a better place than where I just was :rolleyes:

So, for now I´ll just leave it, get some more stuff done, got a little rewiring to do etc. The gpu should handle a fourth monitor, separate from the 3D surround anyway, and I´ll just try that out next. But I think I need a different displayport adaptor, the one I got doesn´t seem to convey a picture, and doesn´t sit very tight in the socket. Perhaps I bought too cheap, and/or I need a more advanced adaptor, I´ll have to study some more. Or do one of you guys know if there´s a right and a wrong type of DP to DVI adaptor?
Nvidia recommend the fourth non-surround screen to be connected through HDMI, I got a working HDMI adaptor, without which I can´t get three screens running.

And another thing, there´s not enough space between the DVI port and the HDMI and the Display port, I had to chip away on the plastic on one side of the HDMI to DVI adaptor to fit it next to DVI, and had to take out the screw closest to the HDMI adapter. But I wanted it two-slot, I´ll just have to work around it :rolleyes:

Grymmie
Level 8
If there is nothing physically wrong with the DVI port and/or the HDMI port, I have had similar problems where the IGPU refuses to enable with a discrete video card inserted.

remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes while there is no power going to the PC (pull AC). Reset the CMOS via jumper and/or reset CMOS button on the back of the MB. Reset to optimized settings and reboot.

At that point you should be able to enable IGPU along with Multi-Video Card support.

Regards,
Asus MVE @1707, IRST 12.5, MEI @ 8.01, w/Intel i7-3770K@4.60 Ghz @ 1.275 with .050 - offset, on Corsair H100, w/(4) Corsair XMS 2000 @ 2000 9-10-9-27-51 @1.65, (2) Crucial C300 128 GBs running in RAID 0 as primary drive, with 3 Terabytes of Data Drives. (1) Powercoler 7870 MYST stock.

Grymmie wrote:
If there is nothing physically wrong with the DVI port and/or the HDMI port, I have had similar problems where the IGPU refuses to enable with a discrete video card inserted.

remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes while there is no power going to the PC (pull AC). Reset the CMOS via jumper and/or reset CMOS button on the back of the MB. Reset to optimized settings and reboot.

At that point you should be able to enable IGPU along with Multi-Video Card support.

Regards,

Hi, G. Sounds like a good suggestion. I´ll see if I can get around it before the week-end.
Thx! 🙂

Snaptrap
Level 10
I had a similar issue but it was with the 1604 BIOS update not allowing iGPU to be enabled. Every time I tried turning it on, it would disable on the next reboot and so I couldn't install the Intel graphic drivers. When I downgraded the BIOS to the previous version, then it enabled. The new BIOS fixes the issue with 1604.

Snaptrap wrote:
I had a similar issue but it was with the 1604 BIOS update not allowing iGPU to be enabled. Every time I tried turning it on, it would disable on the next reboot and so I couldn't install the Intel graphic drivers. When I downgraded the BIOS to the previous version, then it enabled. The new BIOS fixes the issue with 1604.

What older BIOS revision did you go back to?