Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but could somebody explain what exactly the IME does and what ? And what people are trying to flash. I know it is something else, but sounds like flashing the mobo BIOS or FW. Is this how to recover a corrupt BIOS if issues? Update FW?

Again, please excuse my ignorance.
    The IME is the firmware of the PCH..it controls several things in the PCH including thermal stuff etc. It is also what provides the ability to tweak some settings on the fly from the OS (provided the ME driver is also installed).

CodeRush's great FTK toolkit is based on Intel's fpt tools and can (with proper use) repair corruption in the ME region or the Descriptor region of the SPI flash that you can't normally recover from via just reflashing the UEFI firmware.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens View Post
    The IME is the firmware of the PCH..it controls several things in the PCH including thermal stuff etc. It is also what provides the ability to tweak some settings on the fly from the OS (provided the ME driver is also installed).

CodeRush's great FTK toolkit is based on Intel's fpt tools and can (with proper use) repair corruption in the ME region or the Descriptor region of the SPI flash that you can't normally recover from via just reflashing the UEFI firmware.
    Thank you very kindly sir. Is there any need for me to do this having no issues at this point? I am getting decent clocks and temps on my 3930K. Will this benefit?

Also, I realize the IMC is on die now, but will it help increase the chances the IMC will run memory at higher frequencies (above 2133mhz)?
    GUTS: Rampage IV Formula (4004) / Intel 3930K / 16GB Dominator Platinum 2400mhz / Corsair NeutronGT 240GB SSD / 2X EVGA GTX680 4GB 2-Way SLI / Corsair AX1200i PSU / Genesis 9000B Case

WATER: Watercool HeatKiller REV3.0 - CPU / 2X Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 - GPUs / 1X XSPC RX240 rad / 1X EK Coolstream 480 rad / XSPC Dual Rez / MCP355 Pumps / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
    Thank you very kindly sir. Is there any need for me to do this having no issues at this point? I am getting decent clocks and temps on my 3930K. Will this benefit?
    If you have no issues then there's no real need to do anything

Also, I realize the IMC is on die now, but will it help increase the chances the IMC will run memory at higher frequencies (above 2133mhz)?
    No. If you're limited by a weak IMC on a CPU sample, the only thing you can do about it is try another CPU sample. Or you can try reducing the CPU clock, sometimes that will allow higher RAM clock but at these RAM speeds that tradeoff is never worth it in terms of real performance (unless you're trying to break a RAM clock record heh).
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5