cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2x1 issues

-DDKOX
Level 7
Hello guys I`m having some issues with my Asus G53sx that I bought last year at the end of january. In the first month I purchased the notebook I some problems with the default software that caused the pc to crash. A month later my brother accidentally pulled the power supply cable that caused the coputer to fall from where it was and broke the screen. I just got my computer fixed up in the recommended establishment by the same people that sold me the computer. It tooked a while since I bought it in my country and I had to stuff to do before traveling back to fix it. Now that I finally have it in my hands and working after 4 weeks I find myself kinda frustrated since I just discoverd that I`m having two annoying little issues.

One of them is tha backlight from the keyboard. It just doesn`t light up, I tried to turn the lights on and off from the command button besides the one that activates the 3D display and also tried to increase and decrease the intesity but it just doesn`t seem to work. Also tried checking on the lates drivers but had no luck aswell as opening the keyboard and cheking if the cables were correctly connected.

The other annoying issue I discovered was a change in the color of the screen. The first time it happened It displayed a notification saying something about "gamma rays" I think. Since then everytime I turn off the notebook and then turn it back on I see the colors changed already so I have to right click on the desktop and go to personalization--->screen--->calibrate color. This fixes the problem but it still gets a bit annoying having to calibrate the color everytime I turn the pc back on or everytime it happends.

I would really appreciate any help or ideas you guys have to solve these little frustrating problems! Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
6 REPLIES 6

sectionate
Level 12
post this in the notebook section
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

-DDKOX
Level 7
where is it? Can`t find it :s

Chino
Level 15
For the keyboard issue, do you have the latest BIOS? If not, download it to a recently formatted FAT32 pendrive and update it through the EZ Flash utility in the BIOS. Make sure you're running the latest ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related driver.

For calibrating the color on your screen, do it in the NVIDIA Control Panel instead.

Tried to update my BIOS but seems I have the latest version I restarted the pc and hit F-2 right away. The currently version I have installed is the 209 (same one I found in the asus official site http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G53SX&p=3&s=282&os=30&hashedid=xxkAXDZNmlXj3U41) I don`t know if I have to re-install the BIOS and in case I have to I`m not that sure on how to do it :S.

The other color issue apparently has been fixed, did what you told me and so far so good 🙂 thanks!

-DDKOX
Level 7
Thanks Chino...I`ll try that right away! 🙂