cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS 5 extrem issue after 1707 bios update some fix some are not

masterac
Level 8
so i install the new 1707, hoping it was going to solve my issue with the M5E, like i said i fix some of them, but the some of them are still there, and its pissing me off because they are NEW !!!!!!

-Bluetooth of the M5V:
the bios doesn't solve anything, to fix it, you have to reinstall Windows, and install the Bluetooth drivers before the Wi-Fi.

-Phoebus sound card.
before installing the 1707,the Phoebus simply disappear like it wasn't connected, and the driver beta 3 didn't help, since i saw that you shouldn't put the card on other pci (which i did before i red this instruction) it was impossible to get the card to be detected for no reason, and because of that...... impossible to install the new approve driver, i don't know how i fix it, but after a while it was possible to install the driver, making the sound card appear again.

NEW ISSUE
-Intel 4000
impossible to find it in the bios, ergo to turn it on, ergo impossible to install driver because it can't be seen, i'm still stuck with this.
intel detection can't find it either

did the definition of the IGPU changed in the bios ?

-RAM 16giga install, Windows can only see 8 (not 8giga and 8 not usable)
cpuz see the 16giga, the bios see the 16giga,but it seem Windows don't want to see them, same thing i can't fix this, i tried going everywhere, making the virtual ram bigger to 30giga, but nothing seem to cut it, the ram is detected by other soft so its not dysfunctional.

I tried taking them off one by one, and when I plug them back in I get 4giga ,8giga, 8giga, 8giga, so its stuck on 8,since I only get that from windows, do I need (again) to reinstall the OS ?

thx in advance
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Will pull out a M5E board and flash to the latest bios and see if I can duplicate. But before I do that could you tell me how you flashed your bios please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

put on usb key (LaCie 16giga), turn off pc, and use usb port of the MB with the green button to update.

do i have to use old driver from the CD with the motherboard first ? or can i use the new one from asus, because i don't want to be superstitious but maybe it could solve issue with the HD4000 no ?

if anybody can tell me where is the intel 4000 in the 1707 bios that would be great, the only option I saw was to do virtualization, but I already saw that back on 1604, so I know it's not that.

maj : I just remember I did screen of it there you go19386

and there was others neat bug from the AI suite II lol, it was saying the MB was at -1° and displaying a warning (of course its not...I don't use liquid hydro...and I don't live in north pole), and lot of warning with volt, since the -1°c I wasn't paying attention,reboot seem to fix it, will check if it show again and put screen

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you.

Let me deal with the things in reverse order.

AISuite and your -1 temp result. Unless you need that application for some other purpose I would strongly urge you to remove AISuite from your system. If you need to monitor your system then use HWmonitor (same crowd who make CPUz) it works a treat and is a stand alone app. Unlike AIsuite which hogs resources and needs a special tool to remove.

HD4000 - could you please do this for me. Go into bios and save your current BIOS settings as an OC profile.
Now with your current settings saved you can experiment.
Press F5 to set defaults and enter
Set your SATA mode to RAID option in BIOS if you are in RAID.
F10 to save and enter.

Now in windows does your HD4000 get picked up and are you able to install the driver now?

Old drivers. No use what ever drivers you wish to use, be it the ones from the DVD or new ones. It makes no difference.

Memory. If CPUz is showing all your ram then you have all your ram. Windows does not read it correctly. If your bios is showing all your ram you have all your ram.

Not able to comment on the Phoebus as I do not have one sorry.

Blue tooth is a pain in the butt full stop. I do not bother with it. But thank you for the tip and it makes sense. I had to install the drivers before I installed the sound drivers or it would not work when I tested it.

There you go hope that helps.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ph4ntom
Level 7
i got MVF, bios ver. 1707 and that's where i find my iGPU in bios.

i don't have "system agent configuration" so this is the reason why I don't havethe hd4000 I guess.....I will flash again my board"

HiVizMan

no didn't work, I will reflash first

feniks
Level 11
buddy ... do NOT run Fan Xper app ... it's the root of all evil ... you will have to uninstall the whole Ai Suite (and ROG OC Key soft if you have it), then run Ai Cleaner to fix windows services damaged by fan xpert. later on you can install SOME Ai Suite components (download latest version) like DIgi+, Probe II, TurboV, SYstem Information, USB charger+, USB 3.0 Boost ... but I'd advise staying away from all others. fix that first before touching BIOS, Fan Xpert is known to interact with board on electrical level and messing with CMOS.

also, could you please reflash your BIOS 1707 using ROG Flashback? that's the only way it flashes the whole thing as EZ Flash won't neither Windows updater will. also reset your CMOS and then load optimized defaults while in BIOS, save & reset and go from there.

make sure you are running only latest drivers, and nothing from out dated CD. I have no rpoblem with Bluetooth or WiFi adapter on my MVE, they run great under win8 x64 in EFI mode here.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=MAXIMUS+V+EXTREME&p=1&os=
.: R3C0NF1GUR3D :.
ASUS MVE :: 3770K bench @ 5.2GHz (delidded) :: 2x4GB Mushkin 996990 @ 2400MHz CL10 @ 1.7V :: evga 670 2GB SLI @ 1280/7108 :: Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD RAID0 (OS) :: WD RE4 2TB (storage) 2TB :: Hitachi Deskstar 5K300 2TB (backup USB3.0) :: ASUS VG248QE 24'' 144Hz monitor

My rig with pictures
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle