cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvell or Sandforce for mSATA SSD's?

Vicodin
Level 10
I am just wondering which is actually going to be better/faster.

I am comparing a plextor and a mushkin. The mushkin does have faster write speeds, but the read speeds are the same. I know write speeds do not matter as much. The mushkin uses sand force with cheap micron chips, the plextor uses marvell with better toshiba chips.
4 REPLIES 4

mrwolf
Level 10
You should have a look at the Everest2 SSD's.. Im using one right now on my OCZ Vertex 4. runs great and ive had it for almost a year now with 0 issues..

pathfindercod
Level 8
I think they are all pretty reliable now that SSD is in full swing and the little bugs worked out

rewben
Level 13
Vicodin wrote:

I am comparing a plextor and a mushkin. The mushkin does have faster write speeds, but the read speeds are the same. I know write speeds do not matter as much. The mushkin uses sand force with cheap micron chips, the plextor uses marvell with better toshiba chips.

to me it's just about personal preferences and common usage. i chose plextor over mushkin because it has the new marvell controller, with toshiba chips, and most importantly, it has a good price point. for common usage, you can't feel the difference.

however, if you compared msata ssd's to normal ssd's (like vertex 4 or samsung 840 pro), you will instantly notice the difference.

steaveo1
Level 7
Vicodin wrote:

undoubtedly it has be mushkin. the recent series of SF controllers are very much better & i feel very confident when using the SSDs which uses these controllers. Reliability is the key to me.