cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are the latest nvidia Asus drivers

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
i use this site to get most of my drivers http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388&os=30&hashedid=gkyI9iViQxXxueTd

only problem is that the GPU drivers are dated 18th of the 7th 2012, when we all know that nvidia have way newer drivers than that, I did see a post the other day saying Asus had released newer drivers close to the latest official drivers, which are 314.** (last i looked).
now if they have released new drivers where can i get them as the driver on the site i linked are old.

PS: when i got my laptop back recently, there was note on the RMA report, saying not to use the drivers from the Nvidia website, as they can cause performance issues, but since Asus's own download page has older drivers than the one s that came with my laptop, how am i supposed to update it, Also in order for my 3d to work i need the latest drivers from nvidia, which are currently installed and are working flawlessly, as they replace the MOBO/GPU/3D cable/ LCD TFT 17.3" LED screen.

with the drivers they had left on my laptop I couldn't get the 3d to work, i tried installing just the 3d Drivers but that didn't work and as the latest Nvidia drivers are working should i leave them or should i install the Asus updated modified drivers
11 REPLIES 11

Pitcher1
Level 9
please visit our support site to find it, about 3D version, it must be mach with HW support.

willy
Level 7
The newest drivers work for me. 314.22 I think and I never needed any work around.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
I did go to your support site but from there I have no idea where your 3d drivers would be apart from the downloads page which dosen't have any 3D drivers at least not under VGA section of G75VW downloads page

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
latest nVIDIA Driver from ASUS just released 2 days ago:

nVIDIA Graphics Driver 9.18.13.1106.01 (x64)
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

DanishKid wrote:
latest nVIDIA Driver from ASUS just released 2 days ago:

nVIDIA Graphics Driver 9.18.13.1106.01 (x64)

it's 311.6

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
Ok thnx for that, I may try em out but seeing as the drivers i currently have are working good and are the latest version from Nvidia and not the Asus modified ones.
i will check my laptops drivers and see if these are newer.

Cyrax
Level 7
asus drivers are a joke go nvidia all the way

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:

with the drivers they had left on my laptop I couldn't get the 3d to work, i tried installing just the 3d Drivers but that didn't work and as the latest Nvidia drivers are working should i leave them or should i install the Asus updated modified drivers

Bundy_Drop_Bear, sounds like you haven't been able to get the 3D working ever since the notebook came back from your last repair according to this thread "Can't get 3D ision to work after RMA return"?

1. Was the 3D working before you sent it in for repair and have you tried using those same driver versions already? I'm not expecting you need any software updates or need to do anything differently from before to get the 3D working again (see item #4 below though). If the approved drivers from the ASUS download site that you have been using were working before, I would stick to them and move on to item #2 below. Check this thread for my discussion of the approved and unapproved ASUS drivers that are available if you are interested.

2. If your motherboard was replaced, I'm a little worried a '2D' motherboard instead of '3D' motherboard was used.
You might also want to discuss with your local support and service center to see what they think, but if you want to send me a PM with your notebook serial number, I'll try to check in my system to see if the wrong motherboard may have been used.

3. I haven't worked a lot with the 3D notebooks, but do you even see the option to enable 3D stereoscopic settings in the nVIdia control panel? Anyway, depending how item #2 above works out, you might just want to continue troubleshooting on the forums (restart that old thread or start a new thread with the correct subject in the title?), but I'm expecting whatever you did before should still be working and you may need to discuss with your local support again if everything checks out.

4. Search G75VW stereoscopic' for old forum threads, but this thread mentioned bios related problems although you might also want to discuss with your local support to confirm they want you to try it.
According to the G75Vw 223 bios release notes, it sounds like it may help with the 3D if your LCD was replaced with a Samsung panel (?).

cl-Albert wrote:
Bundy_Drop_Bear, sounds like you haven't been able to get the 3D working ever since the notebook came back from your last repair according to this thread "Can't get 3D ision to work after RMA return"?

1. Was the 3D working before you sent it in for repair and have you tried using those same driver versions already? I'm not expecting you need any software updates or need to do anything differently from before to get the 3D working again (see item #4 below though). If the approved drivers from the ASUS download site that you have been using were working before, I would stick to them and move on to item #2 below. Check this thread for my discussion of the approved and unapproved ASUS drivers that are available if you are interested.

2. If your motherboard was replaced, I'm a little worried a '2D' motherboard instead of '3D' motherboard was used.
You might also want to discuss with your local support and service center to see what they think, but if you want to send me a PM with your notebook serial number, I'll try to check in my system to see if the wrong motherboard may have been used.

3. I haven't worked a lot with the 3D notebooks, but do you even see the option to enable 3D stereoscopic settings in the nVIdia control panel? Anyway, depending how item #2 above works out, you might just want to continue troubleshooting on the forums (restart that old thread or start a new thread with the correct subject in the title?), but I'm expecting whatever you did before should still be working and you may need to discuss with your local support again if everything checks out.

4. Search G75VW stereoscopic' for old forum threads, but this thread mentioned bios related problems although you might also want to discuss with your local support to confirm they want you to try it.
According to the G75Vw 223 bios release notes, it sounds like it may help with the 3D if your LCD was replaced with a Samsung panel (?).

1: Yes the 3D was working fine before the RMA

2: The 3d is currently working fine when i enable and wear the 3d glasses.

3: 3D stereoscopic is in my Nvidia control panel as is working, the other post i made was before i installed newer drivers as the setup wizard didn't have the right menu and was different to the original setup menu from before the RMA when I first set it up, so i installed the latest drivers from Nvidia and the setup wizard is now the same as before the RMA, the drivers installed when i got it back were older than the ones installed when i sent it in.

4: if i have any future problems with my 3D I will contact local Asus support and also post on here, but as all is working i don't think I'll be needing to do that anytime soon.
As to what the replaced my screen with I'll have to edit this post as I'm on my Desktop at the min, good thing is they replaced it with a 3D LED LCD screen. if 3D didn't work at all then i would have sent it back stating that the screen is wrong, but that isn't the case here so I'm happy with the job they have done.