cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Build] : First PC!

Dinnr
Level 7
Hey all, I have been lurking on these forums for a while so here is my first PC build. I ordered the parts on Saturday and some have arrived today!
I have decided to call this Project 'time to see if I suck at building PC's' for a very obvious reason.
Pics coming below when I finish uploading them 🙂

Specs:
Intel i5 3570k
EVGA GeForce GTX660 Ti
Asus ROG Maximus V Formula
2x Crucial m4 64GB SSD for Raid 0 boot drive
Western Digital Cavair black 1TB for dem gaimz
Corsair Vengeance black 8GB RAM
Corsair H100i Water cooling
Corsair AX750 Gold Modular PSU
CD drive stolen from the Dell PC on the landing (Graphics card failed big time, Dell sucks.)
Coolermaster HAF-X
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Bits to add later:
Corsair SP120 fans
Corsair AF140 fans
NZXT Sentry LX 2
Sony Multi-Card reader
Soft red LED's to behind the motherboard *DROLL*
Sleeved cables

Total cost: £1160
(Trying to figure out what I forgot...)
Peace!
16 REPLIES 16

Dinnr
Level 7
Guess what arrived this morning?

Yup.

Intel i5 3570k - YUM!

Not opening this ***** to take a picture of the graphics card.

H100i - 'cool!'

Somewhere in there are my 2 SSD's, Not opening them because many have been known not to ever come out alive.
I hate bubble wrap.

Sorry for rubbish image quality, its my iPod and I'm too lazy to take a picture with my digital camera... That and I lost the SD Card reader.

Dinnr
Level 7
UPDATE: went downstairs to grab some food... and found this on the doorstep in the rain, all the packaging was soggy.
UPS, quality delivery service... NO.

Chino
Level 15
Nothing is more beautiful than looking at new hardware. 🙂 Just take your time and handle all your components with care and you'll do just fine.

A few first time builder's tips for you.
1. Inspect your CPU socket before installing the motherboard.
2. Inspect all your other components too. See if anything looks out of place.
3. I see that you chose the H100i. Remember to not overtighten the screws when installing it. Tighten the screws in a cris-cross sequence.
4. Test your entire system before putting it into the case.
5. Do a leak test for the H100i. 😛
6. Do a Memtest86+ run on your RAM. 😛

Chino wrote:

4. Test your entire system before putting it into the case.

you can use the cardboard box the mobo comes in, just place it on top of the box and connect the parts on it, use an antistatic wristband.

Dinnr
Level 7
Thanks guys, It would help if the motherboard actually arrived :mad:
Ordered on Saturday and only shipped yesterday...

Power supply arrived this morning, awaiting more stuff like the RAM, motherboard and case.
Why do they have to be so slow at dispatching items?!?! I ordered last Saturday!
I finally got a picture of the graphics card's box.

I know what you're thinking, its a good solid card on the inside. Hardly a spec of dust in it.

It arrived! All 750w of modular and gold rated goodness!

Stay tuned.
I will be using my camera soon as I found my laptop has an SD card reader. (After a year of owning it xD) But now I can't find the charger! 😞

Dinnr
Level 7
A rather sad update, the case arrived.
Damaged to hell, cracked window, scratches, holes in the box, completely destroyed. RAM has still not turned up.

Dinnr wrote:
A rather sad update, the case arrived.
Damaged to hell, cracked window, scratches, holes in the box, completely destroyed. RAM has still not turned up.

That's just sad 😞

But anyway, looking forward your finished build 🙂

majorwoody
Level 7
Yeah me too... sad that case came damaged RMA it looks like its gonna be a fine build....

Dinnr
Level 7
Seller is shipping a new plexi-window and the build is finished, sorry for not posting any updates so far!
All I need now is windows 7... It's going to be a long wait and I can't stand waiting. I might just install vista 😞

Will take photos with a better camera later 🙂
Thanks!