cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Complete]Project Prodigious - MATX BitFenix Prodigy, watercooled and more!

adamski07
Level 7

LIKE MY FB PAGE!

Adamski Mods

Theme : Welcome to "FREESTYLE MODDING!" A mod of case where nothing is planned. Just mod and be surprised! 🙂 Theme? Nothing actually. Just another Prodigy Build. 😄 Will paint the case and add some awesome exterior works. This is actually my first real modding experience.

Specs:
Case :Bitfenix Prodigy CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Mainboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 16GB
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 PSU: Seasonic Modular PSU
SSD/HDD: Samsung 256GB and 2TB Seagate
COOLING : Watercooled mosfet, cpu, and gpus

Water Cooling parts:
MOBO Block: EK ASUS Maximus V Gene Liquid Cooling Block Set - Acetal + Nickel (EK-MOSFET ASUS M5G - Acetal + Nickel)
RADS:Two(2) Swiftech MCR220-XP eXtreme Performance Dual 120mm Slim Radiator - (MCR220-XP)
PUMP: Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor w/ USB and Aquabus Interface (41093)
PUMP TOP: EK D5 X-Top Acetal Pump Top CSQ
Reservoirs : Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev. 2
CPU Bock: EK Supreme LTX Acetal + Nickel CSQ
B]Fittings: Moonsoon and Bitspower Fittings

11 REPLIES 11

IntoxicatedPuma
Level 9
always thought the Prodigy was an mATX case designed to only accept ITX boards.......now I see why!
GF's PC: Sunmilo ITX / ST45SF-G / Gigabyte A88XN / AMD A8 7600 / Silverstone AR06w/Noctua 92x14mm / ADATA 2x4g XPG / Sappire R7 370 2GB Compact / Crucial BX100 250g / WD 2.5 1TB HDD
My PC: FT03-T / ST60F-PS / Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus / Intel Q9550 / Intel Liquid Cooling Solution / 2x4g Crucial Tractical Tracer / PNY GTX 550 ti 1GB / Crucial M4 64gb SSD / 2x WD 3.5 1TB HDD / Samsung T260 Display

PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! This mod started last October. It was exclusive for a specific forum so I can join their MOTM competition. After winning the competition, I am now free to spread my work to other communities. The idea behind the mod is to fit an MATX motherboard on a MITX case which is the BitFenix Prodigy. I removed the stock mobo plate and made another one myself using aluminum sheet. I also made custom backplate for I/O shield. After the mods for MATX, I continued with the rifght side panel. The vents are for my HDD cage and PSU fans. After that, I did customized the front too with a cover for my two 120 fans infront which is cooling the front 240 RAD. I also added a 80mm fan to cool my HDD and SSD. If you have questions about the build, feel free to post it here on the thread and I'll be glad to answer all of it! 🙂

IntoxicatedPuma wrote:
always thought the Prodigy was an mATX case designed to only accept ITX boards.......now I see why!

And here I thought it was an mITX case lol

IntoxicatedPuma wrote:

Lol. Do you know that BitFenix hated me so much because of what I did on their case.. 😄 But I guess they are planning to release one, they keep on asking people on the facebook global page. I think it will be bigger than this first version of prodigy.

adamski07 wrote:
Lol. Do you know that BitFenix hated me so much because of what I did on their case.. 😄 But I guess they are planning to release one, they keep on asking people on the facebook global page. I think it will be bigger than this first version of prodigy.

They should do mATX cases though, you can't just create products for 1 specific area, that makes dumb business sense as a whole...btw, I love your build, it looks great!! 🙂

chrsplmr
Level 18
Oh .. that is sooooooooo Sweet. Talk about execution of excellence. salute.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
Oh .. that is sooooooooo Sweet. Talk about execution of excellence. salute.c.

Thank you so much. 🙂 I did put a lot of work to make this all happen. 🙂

Chino
Level 15

chrsplmr
Level 18
Tell the truth 'our' friend. It not only takes a lot of 'work', and a fair amount of skill, but a
great, great amount of heart to do a build like this. Not to mention Perseverance of Vision.
[ Eye on the Prize, Mind on the Mission and all that. ] thank U for brining it to ROG.
Looking forward to whatever is JustSupposed Next.c.