cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG REVIEWERS SIGN UP NOW!

Retired
Not applicable
Many of you have spoken on wanting to review ASUS hardware. Working together as a community, we have decided to allow the ROG community members a chance to review some of our premium products.

The Goal:

• The goal is to give other users multiple perspectives, additional support, and more credibility to the product.
  • This is a community activity to have fun.
  • You can potentially test the product before buying it.

Here are some of the rules you need to be aware of before applying:

• Must have a minimum of 100 posts.
  • Reviewers will be listed by seniority.
  • The more posts you have and the more we know about your contribution to the ROG community, the higher up on the list you will be.
  • The product we are allowing users to review will be cycled from member to member. This is a community board.
  • You will not be able to keep the product.
  • A schedule/list will be shown to the public
  • Can not run motherboard in sub zero temperatures.
  • Reviewers will get a 2 week time frame up arrival.
  • ASUS will not provide additional hardware such as CPU or GPU. Reviewer must list their test specs and must have the specs in hand when applying.
  • This is open to USA and Canada only at the moment.

What you get in return:

• ASUS will include an ROG T-Shirt
  • ROG Dog Tag
  • At the end of the review cycle, the board will be raffled off within the reviewers pool.

What we are looking for:

• We are looking for individuals that are looking to give honest feedback. We are not expecting anything professional but more of your thoughts and experience with the product. What you liked, didn't like, any personal feedback, advice for anyone planning to purchase the board, etc.
  • We are also looking for people to do real world application tests. It doesn't have to be all about benchmarks. You can talk about your experience with your specs on various games, movies, audio quality, music, general performance, adobe apps, etc.
  • We also want to see feedback on what features of the product helped you in your experience with the product.
  • We are looking for creativity. You can do unboxing videos, photo shoots, or whatever creative comes to mind.
  • Have a question about product? Don't hesitate to ask on the forums, we are here to help.

How to apply:

• We want to know why you feel you are qualified, what/how you plan to test it, and your specs.
  • State which product you want to review
  • Once picked, I will PM you for additional information.

Maximus IV Gene-Z List:

• MarkedOne
  • Cyrekk
  • 69_Goat
  • (Open Slot)
  • (Open Slot)

Crosshair V Formula List:

• Lifeskills
  • MarkedOne
  • chrsplmr
  • Cyrekk
  • 69_Goat
131 REPLIES 131

Area_66
Level 11
Hi, as I said in the other tread, I will have a Crosshair V Monday. so I intend to make a review of it , I already own few 890 boards so I will have something to compare with, I will run it on water but ultimate OC will not be the objective, I plan to push a 1090t around 4,0 I want mainly test the Asus software include with the board, the UEFI bios, so the OC will be done using the Rog connect, CPU level UP, , the TurboV EVO auto tuning, of course I will get a look at Digi+ VRM. I’m gone also have a look at GPU tweak it with an ENGTX580 and ( I’ have to check if SLI is now available ) 2 x ENGTX560 in SLI

That’s for the AMD if something like this can be interesting with the Gene Z and a 2600k , I’m available to do it too. But I don’t feel comfortable to use stuff that I don’t own. So I don’t know if it’s ok to participate with our Own stuff.

Kipper
Level 10
I would think if you have the Gene Z that your own personal review of it would be interesting. One great thing about this is there will be input from several people with different RAM, GPUs and Processors, that alone will be a big positive for others to see how the different components work with the tested boards.

I am betting Brian will say the more the merrier.

Retired
Not applicable
yes, more the merrier, but at the same time i think 5 is a good number to start with. if i give everyone 2 weeks to review, thats 10 weeks before the product is raffled off.

Brian@ASUS wrote:
yes, more the merrier,

Ok So I will take only that part, and make my own review separately with my VM and folding stuff mainly, and I will still do the OC with the Asus stuff. I will just post it in another section. So I will not feel the pressure of the 2 weeks and I will not remove a slot to someone. I also want review the ENGTX so it will give me more freedom. wait I'm still a S.T.A.K.E.R not a Freedom ( those who play will know )

chrsplmr
Level 18
withdrawn.c.

Area_66
Level 11
Ok , I apply for the Gene Z provide by Asus. I will run it with a 2500k cooled by a NH-C12P in a Antec Skeleton, I choose the 2500k because it’s a more affordable CPU, very popular. I will test the Asus software, the UEFI, the ROG Connect, I will also try the GPU Tweak with an ENGTX 580, Of course I will look at the Intel SRT I will take pictures with a Sony a850, I have a dedicated Lab for make the test, I will do the review in English (my wife will edit) and in French Canadian (quite different from the one from France)

It will not be my first experience with a Gene, I already have the Rampage II and III Gene , Why I think I’m qualify, well I’m graduate from college in electronic, I work in the computer industry since 1982, I owned a computer store from 1988 to 2006. I’m semi-retire and I keep only few small businesses as customers. I probably work with 80% of the boards Asus release since the start.

The spec for the projects :
Case : Antec Skeleton or a tech bench for have a better view with the camera
Motherboard : Asus Maximus IV Gene Z
CPU : I5-2500k
Cooler : Noctua NH-C12P
Ram: 1600 mhz ( probably I will use 2 x 4 gb G Skill for keep the thing red
HD, WDC 2TB black, with an Intel 40GB SSD setup with SRT
DVD : Asus
GPU : ASUS ENGTX 580
PSU : Seasonic M12D-750
Monitor : Dell E2408
Windows Home Premium x64 French (technet)

Retired
Not applicable
Great job on getting this up so quick Brian.

This is open to US only right?

Six Foot Ginger wrote:
Great job on getting this up so quick Brian.

This is open to US only right?

US and Canada, as stated in the OP. This is an exciting development. I look forward to applying when I meet the prerequisites. In the meantime, this has inspired me to start shopping for test benches... I always wanted one of those, this gives me a reason to actually consider one!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Area_66
Level 11
I’m very disappointed with the way it’s turning, when Brian talk about it the first time, some big mouths reply and say they want a board for review, but when they learn they have to return the board, they step back. This is a great opportunity for have fun in this community, but if I’m the only one to apply, I’m afraid it will not happen.