Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Cyrekk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    so.... it doesn't seem like that many people are signing up... maybe i should put up a banner...

but i want the OG members to sign up first.
    I hope to get involved with this pretty soon, but as I stated previously I don't have 100 posts yet. Besides, I need some time to put together a selection of components so I can test properly without gutting my own rig to pull it off heh. I did however get myself that test bench I mentioned a while ago... Yay me!
    New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
    Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
    [Work in progress]
    The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
    SYSTEM SPECS

ROG Guru: White Belt Array jewie27 PC Specs
    jewie27 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G50 VT
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi
    ProcessorIntel I9-9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200 Mhz CL16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Sound CardOn -board Supreme FX
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q - 27 Inch, 1440P, 165 Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME 1TB
    Storage #2Seagate Firecuda 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseCorsair Graphite 600T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200 - 1200 watt Gold rated
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Razer Imperator 2012 BF3 Edition
    Headset Corsair Vengeance Headset
    Mouse Pad Razer Scarab Battlefield 3 Edition
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP250
    OS Windows 10 64-Bit OEM
    Network RouterLinksys WRT-3200 Wireless AC
    Accessory #1 Asus ROG RGB LED Light strip
    Accessory #2 Vantec USB 3.0 Internal Header add-on card
    Accessory #3 NZXT Internal USB 2.0 Expansion Hub (+5 ports)

I don't think anyone can properly review the Crosshair V Formula without a FX (Bulldozer) Processor. We can't see the hardware perform its best.
    New ROG PC built Nov 2011:
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    Intel Core I5-2500K
    (2) EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked in SLI
    Corsair 600T
    Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooling
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    Corsair Force 3 128GB SSD for boot drive
    8GB Red Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24
    1.5 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Writer

Built my first PC at age 12, Pentium III @ 450 Mhz.

Quote Originally Posted by jewie27 View Post
    I don't think anyone can properly review the Crosshair V Formula without a FX (Bulldozer) Processor. We can't see the hardware perform its best.
    Yes and no. I have looked around at some of the reviews out there already and a lot of reviewers are claiming that the CHV is a great upgrade from the CHIV even without BD. There is something to be said for how HW performs with what equipment is available at release. The X6 processors came out a long time after AM3 was released. You could say that you cannot "properly" review the CHV until the penultimate AM3+ chip is released, but no one wants to wait that long before considering whether or not to buy. That said I know where you are coming from, but when BD does release, it would be more about the chip's performance rather than that of the board.
    New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
    Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
    [Work in progress]
    SYSTEM SPECS

The problem is, what if we bricked the board? Or something went wrong with it? Then who's at fault and what price shall we pay?

I'd love to test those AMD motherboards, but like I mentioned, what happen when it all goes wrong?

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

i waited about 15 minutes after it was released to buy this board..after having the c4e..
    the fact that later on, sometime in the future there would be a new cpu..bonus.
    And so far, worth every penny.
    Personally I cant wait to see what these guys come up with...and who.

Quote Originally Posted by raisethe3 View Post
    The problem is, what if we bricked the board? Or something went wrong with it? Then who's at fault and what price shall we pay?

I'd love to test those AMD motherboards, but like I mentioned, what happen when it all goes wrong?
    I was just thinking about that the other day. I would assume we would have to uphold some sort of OV/OC limit as a preventative measure, but it would be nice to see how far it can be pushed before something gives, haha!
    [Work in progress]
    SYSTEM SPECS

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

I don't think those reviews are for push the board until it give up, Asus have already the collaboration of well know OCers to do so. I think someone can play with the board and make comment, evaluation without be irresponsible. If you do the thing the right way, bricking a board should not be an issue.

Brian@ASUS
    agree, you can only brick a board if you do something extreme and this is where you should state what you plan to do with the board. if your goal is the overclock the **** out of the board, then we probably wont pick you. we have people that already do extreme overclocking, theres no need for us to have more people tell us the same thing. im looking for people that can review the board for everyday use. quality in gaming, audio, applications, features, etc etc. to the avg joe that would buy this board, do the features live up to what it is. if its a defect, then its a different story, but ive already pretested the board to know it turns on and it can clock. you'll end up sending the board back to us, to test before sending out again. so we will know who bricked a board. and if the board dies, well... **** happens and i rather you be honest with me than to try and lie so we can figure out a replacement board for the next person.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array 69_Goat's Avatar

Yeah, you pretty much need a "You break it, you buy it." policy.
    i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI
    i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 69_Goat View Post
    Yeah, you pretty much need a "You break it, you buy it." policy.
    I think it should be , " you break it next time forget it "

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast