cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage III Black Edition -- Next BIOS Release Date >0404

TrickMasterPC
Level 10
Raja! I'm posting a new thread specific for ASUS Updates on when they expect to release the next BIOS Version greater than the current 0404 release.

Many of us are using the leaked BIOS 0501 which enables us to RAID on the Marvell 88SE9182 SATA III Controller. The BIOS works great, but we're all eager to flash with an official release.

Thanks!

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
CPU: Intel 6950x 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x Nvidia ASUS RTX 3090 with EK Water Blocks
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x8GB) 3,600 MHz
M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMEI
Sound: Creative XFI Fatal1ty Champion Series
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
17 REPLIES 17

jcoles7
Level 7
Hi Raja,

I second TrickmasterPC on this. We need an ETA for a bios update the board has been out a long time without an offical update.

Regards

Jason

TrickMasterPC
Level 10
I received this email from ASUS Tech Support concerning the release of a BIOS which supports RAID on the Marvell 88SE9182 Controller.

Dear Customer,

The BIOS on the board limits support for RAID with that Marvell chipset. By design there will not be future updates to support RAID on that chip.

Best Regards,
Rob Tinsley
Asus Tech Support

If this is really the case how is it that BIOS 0505 enables us to RAID on the Marvell chip without any issues what so ever? I'm not sure that Rob really knows what he's talking about.

RagingCain
Level 7
I have a really bad feeling how active the support is for other ASUS boards on ours is a ghost town.

Retired
Not applicable
To say I am disappointed with ASUS' lack of development for this motherboard is an understatement.

The Rampage Extreme III Black Edition was sold as ASUS premium motherboard, yet support/development is next to nothing. If this is how ASUS look after those who spend the larger sums of money for the best, ASUS will not be getting another dollar from me.

When the ASUS Rampage Extreme III Black Edition was released I was one of the first to get one. Coupled with an Intel i7 990x CPU and an ASUS EAH6970 DCII graphics card, I was looking forward to pushing this set up to its limits.

Being registered at hxxp://vip.asus.com/forum/ and shockingly looking at the complete lack of support for customers, I soon discovered, though ASUS do make great products (no arguing with that) their lack of support and development for products sold/end users is actually really shocking.

I have been as ASUS fan for MANY years, as I said, great products. But I fear my loyalty is being tested and browsing online at other manufacturers development and end user support, I will be dumping ASUS for another brand.

It really is a shame because ASUS do make great products, but from my experience, development, in the case of a premium product such as the Rampage III Black Edition, you will be totally forgotten. Only one BIOS revision since launch is an insult to end users who have spent a premium amount on a motherboard with NO development.

If I had of known that there would be no updated BIOS revisions for this motherboard, I would NOT have purchased it. And do you think I'd be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice with my money? Think again ASUS, I will not.

Such a shame for a company that does makes great products. 😞

Retired
Not applicable
Yeh, I've had all sorts of problems with BIOS 0404 not saving settings ... like when I plug in multiple USB 2.0 drives and they just randomly bump my Drive C out of position in the Boot Device list and I have to reset everything ... it's like the BIOS just doesn't save. I've just watched the YouTube video where a guy is getting 'overclocking errors' because the BIOS is NOT SAVING settings.

When is Asus going to give us a BIOS update? I can't believe the lack of support for this expensive 'high end' motherboard.

chrsplmr
Level 18
The lack of buzz on the forum with this board says to me that most of these boards
have no problem out of the box.
The Crosshair issues came right to the surface right away.
It sounds like a numbers issue..either this board isn't moving, the people that
figured out how to make enough money to buy one can't find this or vip.forum,
or......they are not having issues.
I am sure they, or someone must be working on a bios though, afterall they
will probably have another $600 top end board in the future and they
dont want them to sit on the shelf....
or Maybe, just maybe you are the only five guys that bought this board..
I'm kidding of course...best of luck.c.

So ASUS, any update on when we might see a new BIOS release? It's been a while now.

Retired
Not applicable
This is bad. I just gotten this board. Wrong choice thought

Retired
Not applicable