cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upcoming G Series Laptops?

HellzHavoc
Level 7
Hi, I was wondering if any thinks that a new Asus G laptop will come out soon. Currently, I've seen rumours of the Asus G750 possibly coming with the new Haswell cpu and GT700 series from Nvidia.

As of now, I am looking into buying an Asus G75VX($1299) by the end of April. Should I bother buying it then, or just wait and see if a new 17" comes out?

Thank you.
38 REPLIES 38

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
There hasn't been any information published here on the Forums yet to indicate if another G series is coming or not.

RobinPichu
Level 7
HellzHavoc wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if any thinks that a new Asus G laptop will come out soon. Currently, I've seen rumours of the Asus G750 possibly coming with the new Haswell cpu and GT700 series from Nvidia.

As of now, I am looking into buying an Asus G75VX($1299) by the end of April. Should I bother buying it then, or just wait and see if a new 17" comes out?

Thank you.

rumor of g750 is most likely fake, I explained my thought about it in the other thread.
I think you should wait because you never know, it might be out before end of this year.
Haswell cpu will be out around end of May or early June, and from what I heard they are currently developing new GTX 770m and 780m, but about the GTX i could be wrong.

RobinPichu wrote:
rumor of g750 is most likely fake, I explained my thought about it in the other thread.
I think you should wait because you never know, it might be out before end of this year.
Haswell cpu will be out around end of May or early June, and from what I heard they are currently developing new GTX 770m and 780m, but about the GTX i could be wrong.

😉

Are you sure?

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JW&p=3&s=521
ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

Symho wrote:
😉

Are you sure?

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JW&p=3&s=521

If that is indeed real, looking at the manual the pictures closely resemble the design of the G46 but in 17 inch form

adamsyes
Level 8
seems like they went to the bulky build (g74) by using a 46 model design. looks nice although no fan clean up 😮 it's probably a refresh of a g55. since the g75 got a VX version? idk that 750 <-- 0 on a G-Series is quite odd

chri5d3an
Level 7

Core i7-4700HQ. That confirms we will wait for haswell release. According to the Lithuanian-English traslation, the JW model will feature the GTX 760M and the JX will feature GTX 770M.
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305

Vicodin
Level 10
Nice thread. Just looked through the manual myself. It does appear to be an over-sized G46. Only time will tell

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
If it has a matte screen again then I will be getting an Alienware
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen