cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73jh video driver problems

Infinitefan
Level 7
My dad has a g73jh, and he's having many issues involving his driver not wanting to update properly. His card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, and the second latest driver he has will work almost perfectly, the latest driver doesn't. Now when he plays Bioshock Infinite, which has been the source of all his trouble lately, sometimes it's slow, and if he plays for too long, it can freeze and go to the Blue Screen. He also sometimes gets an error of "could not load file cli.implementation." No other game has sent him to the blue screen before. Any ideas about what's wrong?
7 REPLIES 7

Pitcher1
Level 9
i thnk reflash back secound driver or download driver from asus support site.

Infinitefan
Level 7
Is there a link to which driver I'm supposed to download?

darkthrone
Level 7
why not try ati beta version you can get it from guru3d

kb0sdq
Level 10
I also have the G73jh If you have not upgraded the vbios then you have to use the drivers on the asus site. If you have upgraded the vbios then you can use current and beta drivers from ati. The info to upgrade is http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference&high...
just follow the directions and all should be ok. Just remember the forum or myself are not responsible if you have issues with your machine.
I personally did not have any problems I upgraded my bios to 213 and also the vbios.
Hope this helps.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

Infinitefan
Level 7
Ok, it turns out he has the latest bios, but I'm a bit hesitant about updating the vbios. He's never suffered a GSOD, only a BSOD, and even then, it's mostly been from Bioshock Infinite as far as I know. Also, some of the utilities don't want to run, he has x64 Windows 7, and most seem meant for 32 bit.

I am hesitant to update the vBios myself as I heard it breaks the HDMI output. I use my laptop to watch internet tv, plugged into my big screen tv. Otherwise you should only use the Asus drivers not the updated ATI ones.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

passwerdz
Level 7
Why would he only use the asus ati driver when they haven't been updated in 3 years? Can not even play any games that are out!