cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignis Proiecti (Project Fire) - Completed

ubernub
Level 7
Hi guys,

I just like to share my first mod. This is actually my first time modding and this mod will also serve as an entry piece for the ASUS PH Summer Mod Contest. It's a minimal mod since I just wanted to practice and enhance my skills first.

Please be gentle as i'm only a beginner in this field. If you see something familiar or maybe even similar of any ideas presented here (then as someone said from OCN - "I PROPOBABLY STOLE IT FROM YOU") Forgive me as I get inspirations from your brilliant ideas. 🙂

I'll post the work log soon but here are the final output photos. I don't have the "beast" hardware but i didn't let that stop me from modding. The goal was to create a neat looking build.

If you like what you see, then please like my page - http://www.facebook.com/ubernub

Special thanks to:
RigNoobies (you all know who you are - too manyyyyy to mention - I really appreciate it guys, THANK YOU!)
Special thanks to my mentors Tantric, Camshow & Paul Tan
Photos enhanced by Paul Tan

Specs:
Case: NZXT Vulcan (modded)
Board: ASUS Maximus V Gene
Processor: Intel i7 2600k
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake SpinQ VT (modded)
Memory: 4x4gb RipjawZ
Video Card: Palit GTX 560 Ti (modded)
PSU: 700W Cougar CMX
Storage: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB
Fans: Corsair AF120 (2x exhaust) / Corsair SP120 (1x intake)

Photos enhanced by Paul Tan

24 REPLIES 24

ubernub
Level 7
What happened to my post? LoL :confused:

I really don't know why my post vanished so here's take #2. 😛

So Hi guys,

I'm a total newbie in the field of modding and I thought i'd share my first completed mod. It's fairly minimal since my simple goal was to create a neat looking build. This build was at the same time my entry to ASUS PH Summer Mod Contest - again it's my first time to join a modding competition.

I hope you appreciate my work as i've invested a fair amount of time & sweat on it. 🙂
I don't have the "beast" hardware but I didn't let that hold me back in modding. I used what was available on hand.

I quote a sig I saw from another forum "If you find something familiar or even similar from my build, then I probably got that idea from you". That's because I look for inspirations everywhere and I try to incorporate that from my build.

Thank you EVERYONE, for the guidance, tips, tricks and even ideas you've shared to me, thank you for all your patience from my annoying inquiries.

Special thanks to:
Rig Noobies (you all know who you are - too manyyyyy to mention - I really appreciate it guys, THANK YOU!)
For my mentors - Tantric, Camshow & PaulTan

Enjoy!

***Thank you PaulTan for enhancing the photos!

Will be posting the complete work log soon 🙂

I really don't know why my post vanished so here's take #2. 😛

So Hi guys,

I'm a total newbie in the field of modding and I thought i'd share my first completed mod. It's fairly minimal since my simple goal was to create a neat looking build. This build was at the same time my entry to ASUS PH Summer Mod Contest - again it's my first time to join a modding competition.

I hope you appreciate my work as i've invested a fair amount of time & sweat on it. 🙂
I don't have the "beast" hardware but I didn't let that hold me back in modding. I used what was available on hand.

I quote a sig I saw from another forum "If you find something familiar or even similar from my build, then I probably got that idea from you". That's because I look for inspirations everywhere and I try to incorporate that from my build.

Thank you EVERYONE, for the guidance, tips, tricks and even ideas you've shared to me, thank you for all your patience from my annoying inquiries.

Special thanks to:
Rig Noobies (you all know who you are - too manyyyyy to mention - I really appreciate it guys, THANK YOU!)
For my mentors - Tantric, Camshow & PaulTan

Enjoy!

***Thank you PaulTan for enhancing the photos!

Will be posting the complete work log soon 🙂

xeromist
Your posts were invisible because you posted a bunch of outside URLs and the system couldn't tell if it was spam. If it happens again just be patient and a moderator will approve it. 🙂

Nice mod, BTW!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Oooooh... my bad 😄
Thanks xeromist!

Dinnr
Level 7
Wow, just wow!
Stunning work!
Did you bend the spin-q so it wasn't sideways?

Glad you liked it @Dinnr.
Didn't bend it, this model "VT" has that orientation already.

tadhp
Level 10
Looking so clean, very nice job there, congrats on the first build :cool:
CPU : Intel i7-3960X MB : Rampage IV Extreme 3101 Mem : G.SKILL F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
GPU : MSI R7970 Lightning PSU : Corsair 1000W OS : W 7 Ultimate Corsair H100 Water cool
SSD : 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD : 512GB Samsung 480 Pro HDD : 2X 1T WD Speaker : Bose companion 5
Cooler Master
HAF-X Monitor : ASUS PB278Q

Very neat and beautiful piece of work indeed! Waiting for build log.
How did you manage to cut out ROG logo on CPU cooler so neat? Or is it just painted plexi?

Thank you guys. Glad you appreciate it.

Igorek247 wrote:
Very neat and beautiful piece of work indeed! Waiting for build log.
How did you manage to cut out ROG logo on CPU cooler so neat? Or is it just painted plexi?

I had that acrylic laser cut since I needed the fine details. 😄

------------------- Work Log Continuation -----------------