cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Build Log] Project Black Desk

Wutdo
Level 7
Hey all and welcome to Project Black Desk (Couldn't think of a better name).

Should have made a start to the build log a few months back when i started but here we are starting today. So to give you an idea of the extent of the build, I am constructing a new desk to house 2 separate computers, one for Gaming and the other as a small home server. the desk itself has is a 200mm high tub that will have a glass top and house 2 computers one on either side of the desk and in the middle all the HDD's from both computers. On display will also feature water-cooling reservoirs and multiple temperature LCD's. The Water cooling of the rig will Chanel down under the desk into 2 large radiators that will be housed inside a tiny fridge to keep the water temps down around 0-10 degrees Celsius. this will cool a Sli setup and also the CPU, possibly cool the server too still undecided. so far i have completed most of the desk top minus the paint and a few holes for cables, venting and the watercooling.

as for the computers

Rig 1 (gaming)
Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV
CPU: Intel Core i7 3820
Ram: undecided will be either corsair or g.skill
PSU: OCZ fatal1ty 750W
GPU: 2x Gainward GTX680
HDD: 2x Samsung 840pro 256gb SSD running of a raid card
HDD: WD 2tb Green

Rig 2 (Media Server)
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth x58

CPU: Intel Core i7 930
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 12gb @1600mhz
PSU: Thermaltake 450W
GPU: EVGA GTX 550ti
HDD: Corsair Force 60GB SSD
HDD: 2x WD 3TB Green
HDD: 1x Hitachi 2TB
HDD: 1x WD 1TB Green

so here is the build so far i haven't started ordering the new gaming rig parts will wait till i get the build closer to needing the components. more than open to suggestions and also some names for the build

and this is Ralph he crashed breakfast with the lady friend for her birthday
Wutdo
0 REPLIES 0