cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for - 24/7 V Extreme, 3770k OC on Water

DocsThaName10
Level 7
Like the title says i need a good 24/7 OC for the below hardware. I have tried a few tweaks on my own with little success for a full time OC.

Tried the 4.7 OC but only ran stable at 1.35 voltage (not ideal)
Dropped to 4.6 and 4.5 but lowering voltage is only one aspect and not a got setup to run a 24/7 OC.

Preferably I would like to see it drop lower on idle and anywhere from 4.0 to 4.5 on load.

My PC is primarily used for Gaming however I run some File Sharing off as well as a Plex Media Server for Streaming so it is an "Always on" system. I would like to see something really stable all around but powerful when I need it.

Also not looking to go crazy like 5.0 since that is overkill (stock settings can run crysis 3 at max settings very smooth)

Current setup is:

Maximus V Extreme - 1707 BIOS
Corsair H50 Water Cooler
Some Gskill 2133 DRAM
GTX 680

Temps even on the Fulltime 4.7 OC were hovering around 30c never over that so it cools well.

Right now therer are only two builds for 1707 BIOS and my setup but they aren't really that compatible/stable.

If anyone is willing to help me out, I would appreciate it, Just upgraded to this Hardware and not familiar with OCing on it.

Thanks!

-Doc
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

Could you confirm that you have read some of the guides that are sticky posts in the Rampage section. And based on those guides what do you need a bit of help with.

Temps at idle of 30'C at 4.7 are pretty good, what where the temps like when you ran some kind of load? Say running Prime or OCCT?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

On that profile, Prime Temps were around 60-70 and stayed pretty consistent for the most part. I think they peaked at 73 or so.

I followed the 4.7 GHZ Article by Marshallr but wasnt really able to lower the voltage and keep it stable at 4.7. Also Since this I leave my PC on all the time I dont really want to run 4.7 at 1.35v non-stop.

I'm pretty much looking for an always on OC that throttles down with limited use, but boosts to around 4.5 when on load and keeps it stable.

I have tried to look around for such a build but haven't had any luck with it.

If you know of a nice moderate OC build that I can start with, then I can just adjust the settings to meet my needs i suppose.

Right now I'm running off that 4.7 profile (exact same settings) except lowered to 4.0 and 1.25v and seems to be pretty stable.

Here is a Snip of the current setup from CUPID and Core Temp if that helps see the voltage/cooling aspect.

Thanks!

Zka17
Level 16
Those temps for those CPU settings seems pretty OK to me... - but are those the idle or loading temps?

Edit: OK, it was a stupid question... Other try: What will happen with the temps when you have max load on your CPU?

DocsThaName10
Level 7
Here is Prime in "blend" 100% load.

This is after about 20 minutes or so, temps get to around 60 and stay consistent.

DocsThaName10
Level 7
Suppose I can also post my Voltage and DIGI+ settings too.

I don't use these in the AI Suite (All changes made in BIOS directly) but i figure it will give some info on what i got.

Until i figure out how to screen shot my BIOS Screens...

nikosa43
Level 12
If you have Ai installed, sometimes it overrides BIOS settings and apply its own. If you want to get screens of your BIOS, just insert a FAT32 formatted stick to a USB 2.0 port and when in BIOS press F12.

DocsThaName10
Level 7
Does this only apply to DIGI+ and TurboV Evo?

Because I do like FanXpert and USB3.0 Boost, which ones should I get rid of to keep the BIOS settings true.

Also, any suggestions for a Always on OC profile? Even if I can get a Stable 4.5 OC with lower voltage for the long haul I would be happy.

Just need to know which settings interact with each other to make the most stable profile.

nikosa43
Level 12
In general, my opinion for the whole SW is very positive. I like the concept and the design. Unfortunately the implementation somewhere is lost. I have everything uninstalled because it's very heavy in resources, lags and stutters. If you want to keep Fan expert (which I miss badly, because I am a freak of monitoring and control), you can go to Ai settings and untick EVO and DIGI. After the restart they will not run, but Ai suite will be there, with everything else.

Now for the OC thing. I hope you understand that the settings below are for my CPU and H/W. So, if you see just BSODs, don't give up.
First go to BIOS Load defaults, Save and Exit. Renter and load your memory XMP profile and apply my settings. From the screens you posted and the value of your VID maybe you are lucky and both have similar CPU characteristics.

The settings are for 4.6 G with offset mode, which in my system idles around 0.960 - 1.050 and goes high as 1.200 - 1.224 under load. Set everything as in the screens including C states and set your OS power scheme to Balanced for having your CPU to step down in clocks and Vcore, when in idle. Ignore the DRAM Voltage because is specific for my RAM.

The first time you set them, just try first with a Multiplier of 45, not a 46 and if you see that everything is ok, try the 46.

If you get a BSOD, increase the offset value in steps of 0.005 until you see stability.

Good luck and feel free for asking.