cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First ROG rig.

Fredcaron
Level 7
Hi Guys!

This is my first post here and build my first ROG rig last weekend ! I`ts working fine right now but did encounter a few issues , with the default bios setup, i had random bsod with the whea_uncorrectable_error message, after some researches on the net, finally found a hint to disable the C-state options in the Bios ? Why do i need to disable this, it`s running without BSOD since then, and i`d like to know why my 4 hard disks connected on the Sata 6gb do not display at computer startup (bot will show up with F8) , i can see the device plug in the sata 3gb. So i did not start overclocking yet (i`m a beginner too!), just want to be sure evrything runs smooth before oc. Thanks for your answers, the community here is awesome !

Here`s my setup:

- Maximus V Formula motherboard (bios 1707)
- Intel I7-3770k
- Coolermaster V6GT CPU Heatsink Cooler
- Spaphire Radeon 7970 Dual-X
- Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11R Vengeance Red Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-17000, DDR3-2133MHz, 240-pin DIMM, 1.5V, CL11, Unbuffered, XMP Ready
- Antec TPQ-850 850W power supply
- HAF X - Cooler Master
- no SSD yet...just regular Sata HD.
- Windows 7 pro
9 REPLIES 9

apocalypzez
Level 10
Welcome to the forum! What's the full system spec? What BIOS are you using? Have you tried a BIOS update??
ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||

I`m running the latest bios 1707.

SUKARA
Level 10
Try to do once "CLRTC" setting
Then only installed 1pcs memory test again!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate.

First the hard drives. If you have most of your drives connected to the Intel sata ports (and I hope you do) then that is normal behaviour. It is only when you have a hard drive or some other SATA device connected to the third party sata controller that you will see them listed during the post process. So refer to your user manual and see just where you have your hard drives connected.

The BSOD or other errors you might have had do seem to be related to the memory. Reseat your memory and enable the XMP profile, does that resolve any issues?

And finally nice set up. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank You Hivizman..i did what you told me, and it gives me a nice BSOD with a BCCode 124 😞

iirc 124 can mean possibly mean that you need to disable C-3 and C-6 in BIOS. I had this same problem myself, and turning these off fixed the problem. But I was also using offset voltage increase, which is usually the reason you need to disable these. You said this happened at stock settings?

CPU: i7 7700k | GPU: Titan X (p) | PSU: Seasonic 1000W Platinum | MB: ASUS Maximus IX Extreme | SSD: Samsung 960 evo | HDD: WD Caviar 160GB | RAM: Gskill 32GB 3200mhz | OS: Win 10 64bit Home

HiVizMan
Level 40
Increase your VTT by two clicks up and save and enter please.

At your first opportunity I would run memtest86+ see my sig.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

What.s a good value for VTT To start with, i wNt to start the Oc at 3.9 ghz and go up fri there.

kkn
Level 14
get it stable before OC'ing 😉
when you get it stable, then you can start and tinkering whit it to get higher clocks 😄