Did you mean: 

Getting Blue Screen Once in a while

S_thian
Level 7
Hi again, seeking help.

I just finish building a PC:

MB: Rampage Extreme IV
GPU: Radeon 7870 x 1 GHZ edition

Once in while i get a blue screen. This happens only when i click on an application (not the same one though).

In the manual, it states that EZ_Pluz_1 should be connected when installing 4 PCIx16 slots. I only have one.

My graphics card only has only 1x6pin power plug. I notice most graphics card do have 2x6pin plugs. i am wondering if this could be the reason.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
What is the error code with the BSOD and if you look in the windows event viewer what does the system suggest your error is.

List all hardware please.

Run memtest86+ see my sig for how I want you to run the a memtest86+ please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for trying to help out.

Specs:

MB: Rampage Extreme IV
1 x GPU: Diamond Multimedia Radeon 7870 GHZ edition
RAM: Corsair Vengence DDR3 32GB 1866MHZ
CoolerMaster Seidon 120M
Antec 1200W
Intel 120GB HD

It seem that the problem is on the Open GL and OpenCL issuse.

It happens all the time when I run Geeks3D GPU Caps Viewer to test on its OpenGl and Open CL demos.

I have not tried on any games yet.

hi HiVizMan,

No message on the BSOD....just blue.

HiVizMan
Level 40
BSOD always have a lot of text. 🙂

Look in your OS event viewer then and tell me the reason why your system shut down.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi,

I changed my graphics card....not issue after.

Definitely is the card issue when i run OpenGL program.

Thanks for helping out.

S_thian wrote:
Hi,
I changed my graphics card ... not issue after. Definitely is the card issue when i run OpenGL program. Thanks for helping out.

Thanks for letting us know. I like to build a new system and run them with nothing for awhile to find out what is stable and what is not. Not always possible, but it does help to narrow things down.
i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Many thanks for posting back the cause and the solution.

Enjoy your system.