Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

A Small Request From Experienced Maximus V Owners

I am loving my MVE so far, but I have a request from Maximus V owners that have experience with the AI Suite software. Would it be possible to provide a list of any of the programs within the suite that can be ran without causing issues with the system? I know I could install each program one by one and see if any issues arise but thought I would try this route first to save some time. (Lazy, I know.) I know that FanXpert 2 is a big NO-NO but if any of the other software is harmless I would like to use it. I just can't stand knowing that this mobo came with all this supporting software and being advised not to install it. I guess it would be asking too much from Asus to remedy this problem. I will totally understand if I get no replies to this, but you never know until you ask, right?
    Asus Maximus V Extreme
    Intel i7 3770k
    16G G. Skill Sniper Series 2133 MHz
    2 x EVGA 680 Superclocked +
    Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Cooler
    2 x Crucial m4 128G SSD in Raid 0
    2 x Seagate Baracuda 500G in Raid 0
    Seasonic 1050 Watt PSU

as per now i personaly dont use AI suite, if i want to look at temps or voltage++ i use HW monitor.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by bmw477 View Post
    I am loving my MVE so far, but I have a request from Maximus V owners that have experience with the AI Suite software. Would it be possible to provide a list of any of the programs within the suite that can be ran without causing issues with the system? I know I could install each program one by one and see if any issues arise but thought I would try this route first to save some time. (Lazy, I know.) I know that FanXpert 2 is a big NO-NO but if any of the other software is harmless I would like to use it. I just can't stand knowing that this mobo came with all this supporting software and being advised not to install it. I guess it would be asking too much from Asus to remedy this problem. I will totally understand if I get no replies to this, but you never know until you ask, right?
    Don't need to be an expert Max V User to tell you that everyone here will tell you to stay away from the AI Suite II in it's entirety. Use other software for your needs, as kkn above suggested, HWMonitor is a great package to use for Temp Monitoring...I use it also

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thank you both for the replies.
    Asus Maximus V Extreme
    Intel i7 3770k
    Seasonic 1050 Watt PSU

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

You're welcome

while not a MVE owner I know that AI suite II gave me all kinds of erroneous errors concerning voltage, temps etc. I own the Sabertooth 990FX rev1 board and I have uninstalled it completely, it's junk! Use HWMonitor, Core Temp, CPU-Z etc to monitor settings. Hell, the budget gigabyte board I had initially had better software monitoring than my high dollar ASUS products do!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by azrael36 View Post
    while not a MVE owner I know that AI suite II gave me all kinds of erroneous errors concerning voltage, temps etc. I own the Sabertooth 990FX rev1 board and I have uninstalled it completely, it's junk! Use HWMonitor, Core Temp, CPU-Z etc to monitor settings. Hell, the budget gigabyte board I had initially had better software monitoring than my high dollar ASUS products do!
    Such a bummer. Makes me wonder how many takes they had to do on Newegg TV when JJ with Asus was showing off this software.
    Asus Maximus V Extreme
    Intel i7 3770k
    Seasonic 1050 Watt PSU

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bmw477 View Post
    Such a bummer. Makes me wonder how many takes they had to do on Newegg TV when JJ with Asus was showing off this software.
    as with any hobby there are different levels of users

-I started out with asus software but moved on many years ago
    -now days I have trusted software , programed by very special people as long as they want to give their time to thier software.

-ccleaner
    -core temps on my g15 lcd - for cpu + vid, temps, clocks, and load per core in game
    -msi-ab on my g13 lcd - for gpu's + sli balance, clocks , temps [under 40c] , vram used, profile used, fps - all in game

- IN GAME temps \ clocks showing all the time on a lcd vs desktop info are worlds apart

sli game issues show up on the lcd [you can run osd but the lcd is cleaner]
    -but I must keep logitect k\b's for the lcd's ,but at this time this is not a issue for me.

-as there can be conflicts accessing data with more than one software product to the same sensor I stick with the ones I like and means forgoing any asus suites products.
    Last edited by Purelife; 04-18-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    MVF WC ||3770k-KL370||HAF932||AX1200||580 sli -EK||
    3XMCR320\w655 EK[basement]||w655 EK[HAF932] ||
    8gb Trident 2400||Samsung S27A850D||Win7HP-64||SAMSUNG 840PRO 256|||| G15,G13||G9x
    PC sound>forte analog>Yamaha 765>4xPSB alpha B1>alpha C1>10" sub

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array red454 PC Specs
    red454 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme BIOS 4101
    Processor6950X
    Memory (part number)32GB - G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2070 Super
    MonitorViotek 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Nepton 280L
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplyDARK POWER PRO 11 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G19S
    Mouse Logitech G600
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterLinksys EA9500
    Accessory #1 FreeNAS Server with 8TB

I must be the oddball, because I have been using the AI Suite software on my MVF board since I got it last November, and other than some reports of off the scale voltages and temps, it works fine. And those error messages only pop up once in a while - I know they are wrong so I ignore them. Annoying, yes - but learned to live with them.

The Fan Xpert part was a large reason I went with ASUS again (I bought a Max. IV Gene Z in 2011). I was ready to go with the Corsair Link for fan control / temp monitoring, but saw that many people were having problems with it (after the release) so I figured I had better wait for Corsair to fix them. At the time, Corsair was the only one to offer anything like the link. Maybe someone else has something now, and maybe the Link is fixed now. I stopped bothering to follow the Corsair Link forums.

But then I saw the Fan Xpert II and figured that I didn't need to use any additional hardware or software - ASUS had it all figured out in one slick package. And it works fine for me. I had some fans that weren't as controllable as I liked, so I replaced them. Three of my fan headers have optional temp sensor sockets so I bought the pack of 3 temp sensors (thermistors) from ASUS for full feedback and control of those fans.
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

It was a discussion recently in the Rampage mobo section about Ai Suite...

As per Raja's suggestion, there is nothing wrong with Ai Suite - except when you install other monitoring softwares with it...

So, if you want to try Ai Suite, then be sure that you don't install any other applications which are polling the sensors!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast