Banned Array

here's what I use from latest Ai Suite, zero issues:
    DIGI+ Power COntrol
    Probe II
    System Information
    TurboV EVO
    USB 3.0 Boost

Banned Array

Fan Xpert 2 is a badly coded app, if it was ever installed (could have been later uninstalled doesn't matter) then using certain monitoring software later like AIDA64 was causing board failure on electrical level LOL, talking about sudden shutdown without BSOD with inability to power up until power is cut completely ... or sudden restart without BSOD ... no issues with Ai Suite? right.... heh

the issue doesn't exist if Fan Xpert was never installed or whole Ai Suite along with all ASUS apps utilizing certain windows services was removed and then cleaned (Ai Suite cleaner).

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-in-background

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    It was a discussion recently in the Rampage mobo section about Ai Suite...

As per Raja's suggestion, there is nothing wrong with Ai Suite - except when you install other monitoring softwares with it...

So, if you want to try Ai Suite, then be sure that you don't install any other applications which are polling the sensors!
    Last edited by feniks; 04-19-2013 at 06:57 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have had the same experience as red454. I have been using AI Suite 2 to very good effect for several months. I just find that Fan Xpert and TurboV are the most convenient way to dial in my fan and voltage settings when in Windows. So I probably only open the prog a handful of times each month, and once I have tweaked whatever needs tweaking I close it again. No problems so far
    i7 3770K @ 5.0GHz DeLid 1.44v | Maximus V FormulaTFX BIOS 1803 | 16GB G. Skill Trident X 2666 LB5 1.65v | AX1200i | 2xGB HD7970OC 1050/1410 MOD BIOS 13.8 BETA CF | 840 Pro 256GB SSD |2x840 Pro 128GB SSD | 2xWDC 2 TB | Corsair 900D | Windows 7 64Bit HP | EK Supremacy Cu | EK CoolStream XTX 360 | EK DCP 4.0 | EK MO X3 150 | Panasonic 46" + Pan 42"x2 1080p LED LCD | APC Back UPS 1500/865| APC Voltage Regulator

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    here's what I use from latest Ai Suite, zero issues:
    DIGI+ Power COntrol
    Probe II
    System Information
    TurboV EVO
    USB 3.0 Boost
    Depends on what you mean. Probe II give me temperatures ((about 5c) below ambient, which should tell everybody (on air or water) that something is not completely right - its just that some people actually believe it can be true. So far I found that AI suite makes nothing but troubles, so my advice will be to keep away from it.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by qwwwizx View Post
    Depends on what you mean. Probe II give me temperatures ((about 5c) below ambient, which should tell everybody (on air or water) that something is not completely right - its just that some people actually believe it can be true. So far I found that AI suite makes nothing but troubles, so my advice will be to keep away from it.
    interesting. mine never does that and temps reported are pretty accurate (double checked against aida64 and temp sensors with displays). I do however see sometimes that it misreports voltages for a split second, hence why I usually don't use it. the more faults happens the more sensor polling apps you use at same time (e.g. RealTemp, Aida64 and ProbeII)

Digi+ and TurboV is actually very handy for dynamic overclocking, e.g. when looking for a stable vcore for new OC.

The latest versions of components I listed never caused me any grief. I did have trouble with Boost 3.0 app in past (old version from CD), but the new one seems OK.

to each its own, but as you said, if you don't like them, don't use them.

Banned Array

correction. Latest version AIDA64 beta still causing unexpected restart with no BSOD when Ai Suite services are running, no Suite component like Probe was running at same time. LOL, so yeah ultimately I agree, as much as Ai Suite might be handy for some easier initial overclocking (much quicker in finding stable voltages in a dynamic manner), it still seems to conflict with AIDA64 ...

And I had no Fan Xpert installed. pffft, so much for my point LOL.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Do NOT use AIDA64 with Ai Suite!!! They're conflicting with each-other... - choose one or another, but just one installed at a time...

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Do NOT use AIDA64 with Ai Suite!!! They're conflicting with each-other... - choose one or another, but just one installed at a time...
    yeah I just did. removed the Ai, removed services, re-installed only the ROG Connect Plus so I can dynamically adjust voltages on the fly from laptop (instead from within Ai). so far so good, it seems to run with AIDA64 monitoring on BIOS 1707, no issues. haven't tried connecting through ROG Connect yet... will see.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array WeRNothiNg's Avatar

I too wanted to use AISuite even though poeple were yelling NO. I am not about hardcore OCing. this is about games and performance, period. I hope the same applies for you, but on my machine(specs in sig), the USB software was causing all the trouble. I ran a clean install without the USB features and no more errors. It has been almost 2 weeks now.

I did install the USB Charger+, but scrap the rest. let me know if you have the same results as I
    **i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    ~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

Banned Array

I'm thinking that you might be right. apart from Fan Xpert known to bug the ASUS hw services, in recent past I didn't use USB Boost 3.0 and it was error free with AIDA64. I did have USB 3.0 Boost trouble in early experience with this board, leading to broken installation (and uninstallation) of this component, that was on Windows 7 x64. Had no errors with it on win8x64 ... but it doesn't mean it worked correctly.

Anyways, all worked great without Ai Suite, with just ROG Connect Plus installed and actively used from Vista laptop. AIDA64 haven't caused any trouble and it still runs without a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by WeRNothiNg View Post
    I too wanted to use AISuite even though poeple were yelling NO. I am not about hardcore OCing. this is about games and performance, period. I hope the same applies for you, but on my machine(specs in sig), the USB software was causing all the trouble. I ran a clean install without the USB features and no more errors. It has been almost 2 weeks now.

I did install the USB Charger+, but scrap the rest. let me know if you have the same results as I

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast