cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VX - Horizontal Lines

StreetGT
Level 8
Hello everyone, yesterday I was joking a bit with Photoshop, with Black color when i found if the Opacity is 100 you see the horizontal lines, but if you see the opacity to 99 the horizontal lines go away!
I'm asking now myself if there is a way to calibrate the black opacity in all computer...
Calibrate Black color, something like that...
21 REPLIES 21

AverageK
Level 7
I'm glad people on the forums aren't ignoring this issue! It is the single, most annoying thing I've ever experienced with a laptop. Let alone one that I paid 1600 bucks for!

Here's a workaround to reduce the horizontal lines. In the Nvidia Control Panel, go to Adjust Desktop Colour Settings, and check Use Nvidia Settings. Now lower the contrast to about 40%. This will probably make darker shades seem a little washed out, especially the black background on these forums, but it should help a lot with those damn horizontal lines.

Let me know if it works for ya. For reference, I'm using the latest 314.22 drivers from Nvidia, and my screen resolution is set at 1920x1080x32, and the refresh rate is 67Hz (to eliminate flickering). Oh, and I have the G75VW with the Chi Mei CMO1720 panel.

13fist
Level 10
What lines?
I don't guess there is a way to post a screen shot of this? Maybe my usual settings already took care of it, either way I don't Have lines or flickering at 60hz.

13fist wrote:
What lines?
I don't guess there is a way to post a screen shot of this? Maybe my usual settings already took care of it, either way I don't Have lines or flickering at 60hz.

What is your panel?
CHi mei 1720?
Default nVidia color settings?
If yes open this images and send us a feedback.
http://i.imgur.com/7kTcL.png
http://postimg.org/image/a5thle5mn/full/

StreetGT wrote:
What is your panel?
CHi mei 1720?
Default nVidia color settings?
If yes open this images and send us a feedback.
http://i.imgur.com/7kTcL.png
http://postimg.org/image/a5thle5mn/full/

CMO1720

These settings, at least for me, give good vibrant color and contrast in games. My Video setting are about the same.
Neither image you posted gives me any lines. If that is what i'm supposed to see there.
This kind of thing can be a real pain to discuss. my brother got a new desktop monitor that didn't look right to him. he kept emailing my screen shots that looked fine to me because the lines he saw didn't get captured.

13fist wrote:
CMO1720

These settings, at least for me, give good vibrant color and contrast in games. My Video setting are about the same.
Neither image you posted gives me any lines. If that is what i'm supposed to see there.
This kind of thing can be a real pain to discuss. my brother got a new desktop monitor that didn't look right to him. he kept emailing my screen shots that looked fine to me because the lines he saw didn't get captured.

Looks nice for mee too, thank you!

Akki
Level 7
How to find out what panel we have in? (other than dissembling)

In both images above, if i get to close to LCD i actually see Vertical lines 🙂

Tmjpwns
Level 7
Worked wonders for my screen 🙂
G751JY 32GB GTX980M OC, Killer Wlan, Liquid Metal.
Maximus XIII, I9-11900, 64gb,TUF RTX 3080, ROG Ally

13fist
Level 10
Cool, glad it worked out for you. I've never found default settings to be anything better than flat and dull looking, so tweaking things a bit is the first thing I do after installing video drivers. Since I make my adjustment right away, I don't have any real comparison to what things look like before hand. I'm guessing that's likely why I don't see the things, like lines and stuff other people do.
I don't bother with preserving the settings between updates because sometimes the new driver will do things a bit different, but it only takes a minute to re adjust things.

13fist wrote:
Cool, glad it worked out for you. I've never found default settings to be anything better than flat and dull looking, so tweaking things a bit is the first thing I do after installing video drivers. Since I make my adjustment right away, I don't have any real comparison to what things look like before hand. I'm guessing that's likely why I don't see the things, like lines and stuff other people do.
I don't bother with preserving the settings between updates because sometimes the new driver will do things a bit different, but it only takes a minute to re adjust things.

I just changed only Brightness for 55% and no more lines 🙂