New ROGer Array

Maximus V Gene Voltages too high and won't adjust down

Recently the AI suite alerted me to the fact that my VCCIO Voltage is way too high (1.715 Yikes). So I reset my cmos and went into the bios to see that my VCCIO volt, CPU PLL, PCH volt, and DRAM volt were all too high (VCCIO-1.715 CPU PLL-2.465 PCH-1.715 DRAM-2.15). Those values are so high I'm scared to run the machine. So I manually put in the standard values saved and reset and nothing changed. Am I missing something that keeps my input from changing the values?

Just some system info:
    Motherboard- Maximus V Gene (1604 bios)
    CPU- Intel i5 3570k (not overclocked currently)
    Ram- Gskill ripjaw 2x4gb 1600

Let me know if you need more info or screen shots to help me out.

New ROGer Array

Searching around I found this thread which looks like a similar problem http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...m+voltage+high

In that thread the problem was solved by a cmos reset which doesn't seem to work for me. Also I've tried flashing the bios to every version back to 1101 and none make any difference.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Please reflash to the 1408 BIOS using the USB BIOS Flashback method. When the reflash finishes, proceed to do a clear CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes before putting it back. Upon your first system start up, enter the BIOS and load the optimized defaults.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the reply Chino, I did what you said but the values remain the same.

I'll need you to uninstall AI Suite. Then run the uninstaller that's in my signature. After you've completely remove AI Suite, proceed to clearing the CMOS again using the above method. Do the values still remain the same?

New ROGer Array

I uninstalled the AI Suite, ran the cleaner in safe mode, pulled the battery for a couple minutes to reset the CMOS and still the values remain the same. I feel like I've tried everything, but perhaps I'm overlooking something.

This is going to require further testing. We'll need to strip your system to the bare minimum.

1. Remove every component from your motherboard and disconnect every cable.
    2. Remove your motherboard from the case and put it on the box that it came with.
    3. Remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes then insert it back in.
    4. Install your CPU with it's stock heatsink.
    5. Insert one stick of RAM into the DIMM_A2 slot.
    6. Connect the 24 & 8 pin power cable to your motherboard.
    7. Connect your monitor to your onboard graphics.
    8. Power up your system using the Start button.

When it posts, enter your BIOS again. Do the values still stay the same?