Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Loki- View Post
    Ok I have tested it.
    The same as before.

Windows needs about 5 sec. to recognize the dongle. So there is no delay in the detectionprocess in Windows 7.

@MarkedOne:

The delay happens befor the bootscreen of Windows. The delay must be somewhere in the POST-process. When I unplug the dongle during the delay, it goes almost instantly ahead.
    Can you boot Windows up in safe mode and see if there is still a long pause. We are trying to determine where abouts in the hand-off process the hang is occurring.

-Raja

-Loki-
    It´s the same.
    The delay is before I can choose in which mode I want to start Windows 7. The delay is also before I can enter the BIOS.
    The time that elapses before I can enter the BIOS or choose the Windows Bootoptions, is only a litle bit shorter then the time that it needs to reach the normal Windows 7 Bootscreen.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

If I was you I will purchase another stick from a better manufacturer than Belkin or even better a WI-FI pcie card. A side from what I can read it's not even supported with Windows 7

-Loki-
    Yes I could change the stick. That would be the easiest way. But i want to know whether it is possible to run the stick normaly and we can localize and fix the problem.
    Also it should be in the interest of Asus to reach the highest possible compatibility with other hardware. So it´s a win-win-situation. I have a normal startuptime and Asus has maybe found and fix a problem that other people also affects.

Btw: I switched from a PCI-card to the stick because my Raven 2 case shilds the WiFi-antenna too much. On my old M3A32-MVP deluxe the stick also runs without any problems.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

Also it should be in the interest of Asus to reach the highest possible compatibility with other hardware. So it´s a win-win-situation. I.
    I completely disagree here; it’s to the manufacturers of the peripheral to upgrade the firmware to accommodate new technology. We have the same situation with web cam, printers, scanners not working with Windows 7, because the manufacturer don’t want to make new drivers, they want US to purchase a new products. If your intention is to ask Asus to spend many hours on this $30 Belkink junk, because it has to work, well……. Sorry I think differently, my time has a value, and I will not past hours on something so easy to replace, a side you will gain better performance with better stuff

This remind me the numerous posts we have on forums about mouse not working with UEFI

It´s the same.
    The delay is before I can choose in which mode I want to start Windows 7. The delay is also before I can enter the BIOS.
    The time that elapses before I can enter the BIOS or choose the Windows Bootoptions, is only a litle bit shorter then the time that it needs to reach the normal Windows 7 Bootscreen.
    With the ROG flash message disabled during POST what do you see written on the screen when the system hangs?

-Raja

-Loki-
    During the hang the screen is black. In the POST-messages that appears stands nothing unnormal. The POST- and boot-process is normal except the delay/hang.

Okay so what do you see before or after the black screen? Is first POST from power cycle merely a black screen and nothing else until you see the Windows logo? Or do you see any of the on-screen messages come up before the screen goes black? HQ are just asking for a bit of precision as to what you see before or after the black screen...

-Raja

-Loki-
    This appears befor the blackscreen.

And this after the blackscreen.

The sword of Roland
    You are not alone!

i`ve got the same problems. sometimes it takes about 1min to get to the win7 login screen.

my specs are:

Win7 Pro
    Phenom 2 x955
    CH5F
    16GB Kingston HyperX
    256GB Crucial M4 SSD
    300GB HDD
    ATI FirePro v8800

2x external HDD (500GB/2000GB) usb 2.0
    1x 60GB C300 ssd covered in icy box usb 3.0

This is kind of weird,... cause my old system (AM2+) has sarted a lot faster, with USB devices plugged in.
    once everything is loaded, its fast! But on its way through, it sucks!

sorry for my poor english

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast