cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very long startuptime with Crosshair V

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,
i have a problem with my Crosshair. The time to start up my PC is to long.
It needs 65 sec. to reach the Win 7 bootscreen. Do anyone have an idea what could be the problem.

And another qustion:
I would reinstall my watercooling. Can I connect my Danger Den CPX-PRO waterpump with CPU-Fan or Opt-Fan connector on the board? The CPX has an maximum consumption of 18W respectively 1,8A. Is this ok or should i use better a 4Pin-Molex connector for my pump.

My Sys-specs are:
Crosshair V
AMD 1090T
EVGA GTX 560ti
2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 9-9-9-24
Crucial m4 64GB SSD for the OS
2 x Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB

For more details click on my signatur.
56 REPLIES 56

Area_66
Level 11
Did you map a drive from another PC to this one, I ask because it's a common cause to slow the booting time if the pc try to connect to another PC not turn on. I see it also happen with HP printer turn off, especially the All in one

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Which BIOS version are you using?

Other than the USB mouse and keyboard, do you have any other USB devices plugged into the board?

I would use a Molex connector for your water pump.

-Raja

chrsplmr
Level 18

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Raja,
I´m using the 0404 BIOS.
I have a USB-WiFi-Stick plugged in. I have tested the time without the stick. It was around 20 sec. to reach the bootscreen.
But it can´t be a permanent solution to unplug the WiFi-Stick befor I start the PC. Any sugestions to fix the problem?

-Loki- wrote:
I have a USB-WiFi-Stick plugged in. I have tested the time without the stick. It was around 20 sec. to reach the bootscreen.
But it can´t be a permanent solution to unplug the WiFi-Stick befor I start the PC. Any sugestions to fix the problem?

So it's there the problem, explain me in detail how your network is setup, I’m interested mainly on what you have between your PC and Internet. open a cmd and type ipconfig ; I’m interested in the info I show you in this pic, after you reply I will help you to setup a fix IP to try to solve your problem

-Loki- wrote:
Hi Raja,
I´m using the 0404 BIOS.

What USB dongle is that - full model and revision number please?

What it appears is happening is that UEFI is checking if that dongle is a flash drive and then timing out before it moves on.

I am using a Netgear WNDA3100 V2 and it does not cause this problem.

Update to BIOS 0045 linked in this forum please and see if you still get the problem.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
What it appears is happening is that UEFI is checking if that dongle is a flash drive and then timing out before it moves on.

-Raja

if he just disable the boot from it, I guess it will fix the problem ?

MarkedOne wrote:
if he just disable the boot from it, I guess it will fix the problem ?

If it is just a wi-fi dongle with no flash memory it won't be in the boot list. He can check his USB devices in the list to make sure.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
It is a Belkin N wireless USB-Adapter
Model No.: F5D8053 v6
Versions No.: 6002ed

USB is disabled as bootdivice.
The 0045 BIOS didn´t fix the problem.

@MarkedOne:
I don´t think that a change from dynamic to static ip slove my problen.
But i can give you tomorow the infos.
Between my PC and the Internet is only a router and a DSL-Cablemodem.