cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this waterblock fit!?

iC4v3M4n
Level 7
Hi,

kinda new here but i hope to finally get an answer to my question. I'm putting together a new gaming PC (specs below) and pretty much figured everything out except for the video cards. I wanted to get two ASUS GTX680-DC2-4GD5's and include them in a watercooling loop so i went to the EKWB cooling configurator and was a bit surprised to find that the full cover block that will fit that card is actually the EK-FC670 GTX DCII - Nickel or Acetal. http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-geforce/geforce-gtx-6x0-series/ek-fc670-gtx-dcii-nicke...

Now it says the parts are "visually" inspected but has anyone here actually tried it? Cause i'm about to spend 1200$ on two video cards so i don't wanna come to the conclusion the waterblocks won't fit once i get all the parts in. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

System specs:
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7 3930K / 3.2 GHz Processor
Corsair Dominator Platinum Series - 16GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 DRAM 2400 Mhz C10
OCZ Vector 256GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
Dual ASUS GTX680-DC2-4GD5 (SLi)
Creative Sound Blaster Zx
OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W - Power Supply
7 REPLIES 7

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I saw that a while back too and was rather thinking the "configurator" was messed up but then reading around found that quite likely not. But it doesn't inspire 100% confidence. I think the best thing would just be to send them (EK) an email direct, just to confirm that's correct before you shell out....

or maybe someone here has done it and confirm...

Dinnr
Level 7

Dinnr wrote:
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-geforce/geforce-gtx-6x0-series/ek-fc680-gtx-acetal.htm...

That one will fit, not sure about the nickel one though.

I'm pretty sure that's not right Dinnr, cause that one is for a reference GTX 680 and the ASUS GTX680-DC2-4GD5 is definitely not a reference board. That's why i was thinking about changing my choise of video card to a reference design card so i'd be sure i can watercool it.

@ Arne Saknussemm
That's probably a good idea... i'll try to contact them tommorow! Maybe post the reply here, i mean it feels like i'm the only person on the world that has ever tried this combo of graphics card and waterblock. Searched the web as much as possible but couldn't get a confirmation anywhere.

Anyway thx 4 the replies guys!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm I'm not sure about that...that is for the reference design the DC2 has the power phases set out differently I presume etc.

If anything it will be this http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc680-gtx-dcii-nickel.html but given the doubt I would write to them....they will get back to you....

While waiting for a reply from EK i thought i'd post some pics i pulled from EK's cooling configurator. I can't be a 100% sure but the boards do seem to have the same layout... The only difference seems to be the number of memory chips, though i suspect the picture of the ASUS-GTX670-DC2-4GD5 is actually the 2GB version. But on the third picture of the waterblock itself you can clearly see the block has enough room to cover all the memory chips.

ASUS GTX680-DC2-4GD5
ASUS-GTX670-DC2-4GD5
EK-FC670 GTX DCII - Nickel

iC4v3M4n
Level 7
Just got my reply back from EK:

thank you for contacting EK Support.

We are aware that this is little confusing, but we can confirm that ASUS GTX680-DC2-4GD5 is compatible with EK-FC670 GTX DCII waterblock.
Waterblock was tested physically and if there would be any problem with compatibility, our resellers and final customers would notify us in no time.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards Peter Šajn

I guess i'm good to go, i'd love to have confirmation from somebody else but they seem to be quiet sure about it so i think i'll take the plunge.

Time to get some parts in and start this build 😉

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes it's the layout that's important and if the reply from EK is affirmative it's time to lay out some cash and get that loop set up!! 😉