cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Madness a ROG Challenge

HiVizMan
Level 40
Time for a bit of fun with our hardware. There are no prizes and this challenge is open to all who are members of the ROG forum. You only have to use a ASUS motherboard to qualify. Offical challenge back ground to be used for screenshots. HWBOT rules apply.

The Benchmarks

3Dmark2001SE
Wprime1024
Aquamark

Hardware Limitation
ASUS Motherboard only
The same hardware has to be used for all 3 benchmarks
No Sub Zero cooling - photographic proof will be required
CPU frequency has to be the same for all three benchmarks - and if your result is to good to be true, then it most probably is.
Single Video card or Dual Video card
If you are in the top three a video will be required showing a successful completion of your Wprime run.

Benchmark Limitations

3DMark2001SE Nature Score is Capped at 1000
Same Operating System for all three.
Same CPU frequency for all three.

Start 1 May 2013
Close 31 May 2013

Points will be allocated 1 to 20 places.
1 - 20 pts
2 - 19 pts
3 - 18 pts and so on down to
20-1 pt

Bonus Points for when entries Submitted
Week 1 - 5 pts
Week 2 - 5 pts
Week 3 - 2 pts

To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
453 REPLIES 453

Zka17
Level 16
OMG, we have a new challenge! :cool: Thank you, Sir!

Questions:
1. Even the GeForce Titans are allowed? I haven't done 3DMark2001SE or Aquamark with them, but they're a beast!
2. The same OS has to be used too? I know that the wPrime 1024M likes the WinXP, but the 3DMark2001SE and Aquamark may like the Win7 better (not sure as I haven't tried yet)

Sounds good, my friend. Typo in the title though. Should be Challenge. 😉

Zka17 wrote:

2. The same OS has to be used too? I know that the wPrime 1024M likes the WinXP, but the 3DMark2001SE and Aquamark may like the Win7 better (not sure as I haven't tried yet)

3DMark2001SE and Aquamark favor Win XP too. 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
If they have it then let them use it. The Nature cap will make the playing field a little more even. But there will never be parity or a perfect handicap. Such is benching.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zka17
Level 16
OK, then! :cool:

Menthol
Level 14
HiVizMan,
Thanks for putting on these challenges, My weakest benching is 2d so this is just what I needed.
I just made a trial run of 2001 and scored 700+ in nature, and increasing gpu frequency only lowered the score, I will have to search the internet to get some ideas on what to do as 1200 looks a long way off.
Which background do we use?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Back ground will be uploaded on the last day of April 😄

There are many many tricks to 2001 indeed. And I will send you a guide as you will compete here for sure.

Regards

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Dagnabbit...you know what....I just put up the result on the Bot today of the stuff I learnt in the last challenge.....like three and a half months too late LOL.....but I got a decent result in the end!!! So sure...bring it on....I'll take part... just expect my best result around Halloween 😉

Zka17
Level 16
He-he, I did install the 3DMark2001SE on my present system and did some readings too... - man, this is a very fun benchmark! Why nobody mentioned it to me before?! 😄

I did manage to get a 823 nature score on Win7 64-bit - but that's way below the 1200 cap we have in this challenge... so, there is plenty of room to improvement! :cool:

Also, my AquaMark3 score needs to be improved...

BTW, I observed that there will be no prizes... - come on, HiVizMan, you know that the biggest prize for everyone will be the score improvements! 🙂 Oh, and not talking about the fun we're gonna have! :cool:

Dartmaul
Level 12
I'm in!
It's very good that the challenge starts at 1st may since 1st week of may is a country wide holiday in Russia)
Gonna have some time to bench)

BTW Nice to see you guys)