cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BugLed code 23 after restart ( randomly )

BenchAndGames
Level 10
The system works fine, no problems, but sometimes, after restarting the PC, no boot, and giving me the code 23.

I turn off the system, and show me "the ovecrclock failed" and I need join the bios.
No need to change anything in the bios, just save it and left, and the system works fine.

But this does not happen every day, for example the first time I've had this problem, has been for 5 days, and now I have it again.
But as I say, the system works perfectly, and only occurs after restart.

My system is below the signature. ( 1707 bios )

The system is stable for 15 hours in Prime95, and 12 hours in Memtest86 without any errors/fails.

This is a failure of the bios ?? or what is can cause me this problem ?
10 REPLIES 10

nikosa43
Level 12
Hi there, making a wild guess, most likely, it's a problem of your memory settings. If it's something like I had, in the past, go to BIOS and check your memory settings. If you see any differences from your XMP profile, load defaults, save and exit. Reenter BIOS, load your XMP profile, save and exit. After that check again your settings and apply the rest of settings for your OC. If it's needed increase a bit your DRAM voltage. Imo, do all the above anyway.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Run a few cycles of Memtest86+ at your current bios settings and see if you pass.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

nikosa43 wrote:
Hi there, making a wild guess, most likely, it's a problem of your memory settings. If it's something like I had, in the past, go to BIOS and check your memory settings. If you see any differences from your XMP profile, load defaults, save and exit. Reenter BIOS, load your XMP profile, save and exit. After that check again your settings and apply the rest of settings for your OC. If it's needed increase a bit your DRAM voltage. Imo, do all the above anyway.

Im not use a XMP profile, I set manually, but representing XMP ( 10-12-12-31-2t ) 1.65v DRAM - 1.15v VCCSA - 1.175v VCCIO
And with this config. stable for 15 hours in Prime95, and 12 hours in Memtest86 without any errors/fails.

HiVizMan wrote:
Run a few cycles of Memtest86+ at your current bios settings and see if you pass.

I do not want to bother you, but you read ??

I said that with this configuration, has spent 12 hours in memtest (10 cycles) without any problem.

You, yourself, you told me in this thread that memories are stable.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19615-Memtest-User-Guide-For-ROG-Motherboards/page2

BenchAndGames wrote:
Im not use a XMP profile, I set manually, but representing XMP ( 10-12-12-31-2t ) 1.65v DRAM - 1.15v VCCSA - 1.175v VCCIOAnd with this config. stable for 15 hours in Prime95, and 12 hours in Memtest86 without any errors/fails.I do not want to bother you, but you read ??I said that with this configuration, has spent 12 hours in memtest (10 cycles) without any problem.You, yourself, you told me in this thread that memories are stable.http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19615-Memtest-User-Guide-For-ROG-Motherboards/page2
I am a bit confused. Why you just don't load your XMP profile through BIOS, but instead you set it manually? I suggest to load the XMP and give it a try for a few days to see how it behaves.

HiVizMan
Level 40
My bad I missed that so I guess I did not read it. 🙂

What could be happening is that you have some corrupted code in your system. One of the ways you can resolve that is by clearing your CMOS and doing a complete re-flash of your BIOS. And please do not use the OS to flash our bios.

Again my apologies for not reading your original post correctly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

nikosa43 wrote:
I am a bit confused. Why you just don't load your XMP profile through BIOS, but instead you set it manually? I suggest to load the XMP and give it a try for a few days to see how it behaves.

I'm not using the XMP profile, because VCCIO voltages, is set very high. ( 1.264v with XMP )
And really, everyone in all forums, recommend putting the RAM settings manually, representing the XMP settings, but doing it manually.

HiVizMan wrote:
My bad I missed that so I guess I did not read it. 🙂

What could be happening is that you have some corrupted code in your system. One of the ways you can resolve that is by clearing your CMOS and doing a complete re-flash of your BIOS. And please do not use the OS to flash our bios.

Again my apologies for not reading your original post correctly.

Ok, no problem, so what mode you say me for re-flash the bios ??
For example when I upgraded the bios, I used the USB system from within the bios. ( EZ FLASH )

HiVizMan
Level 40
You have it correct, the USB way from within the BIOS is the preferred way.

nikosa43
Level 12
" I'm not using the XMP profile, because VCCIO voltages, is set very high. ( 1.264v with XMP ) And really, everyone in all forums, recommend putting the RAM settings manually, representing the XMP settings, but doing it manually. " Mine also is a bit high. In that case, I load XMP profile and after I save, I reenter BIOS and manually set VCCIO to 1.0Volt. That's it. I don't bother to set everything manually. 🙂

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Not a bad option, if I this error occurs again, I will do clear CMOS and re-flash Bios.
And also as you say, load XMP, save, and then change the VCCIO lower voltage.

one more thing, what is better, press the back button on the motherboard, clear CMOS, or is it better to remove the battery for 5 minutes?