cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with bios and vbios g73jh

passwerdz
Level 7
like the title states I am having a problem with my video card not taking in any new drivers. I have done everything possible even done 3 fresh windows install flashed bios and vbios, downgraded bios and upgraded same goes for the video bios. Opened up my g7 reseated, repasted the card inspected the card everything seems fine. Took the CMOS battery out for 15 min, Ran memtest86+ nothing seems wrong with the sticks, I look in bios, and vbios version isn't listed, opened gpuz same thing tried resetting the bios when I reboot I get a blank screen but I could hear windows loading, this was last night. This morning I went ahead crossed my finger and hoped she would turn on and she did I was excited looked in gpu-z look like my video card was being read? So I installed all my drivers since this was a new install once I got to the video part of the driver everything went fine on the reboot so I started doing my windows update on my 3rd reboot VGA drivers are installing opened gpu-z again it shows no video driver rebooted and went into bios no video version being shown I am scared to reset my bios and having a blank screen as I did the other night. What is going on is my card dieing is it my mother board? Problems started occurring for 10 days first I was getting BSOD atikdmag.sys when trying to update mobility drivers from amd 13.1 then I updated my bios to 213 and vbios same thing gpu-z not reading my card now bios not reading the version of the flash on my card. This is constantly happening every time I reboot my card is read bios reads my version then it doesn't.
6 REPLIES 6

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you will send to service center to repair.

So that is it? do a RMA? I have no warranty left on this laptop I bought this 3 years ago!! There is no other diagnosis to this issue besides a RMA? if It's a hardware issue I am going to be paying a-lot of money for this problem. Unbelievable how much I had spent for this notebook for it to die on me in a matter of 3 years I have taken care of this notebook never ran it hard I hardly played games on it and when I did want to play a game bioshock I get all these problems... wth is going on? This is the last time I ever purchase a notebook or anything that has to do with a Asus logo. I will make sure to pass the word to family and friends this is disgusting.

Muratus
Level 10
I think that Pitcher@asus is a bot or something. It only posts things like that and in terrible English.

Anyway, it sounds like your video card is dieing or at least overheating. Have you cleaned out the vents and repasted it and the CPU? I got in a JH a couple days ago, it was idling at 72c. I stripped it down, cleaned the dust bunny's, and repasted. It's now running at 50c on idle and 70c under load.
Asus G73M (Used to be G73SW-BST6 now renamed to M for the Muratus edition)

• Intel Core i7-2630QM
  • 1080p (1920x1080) LCD (upgraded)
  • Samsung pm830 256GB SSD
  • Sansung 750GB 7200rmp 2nd HD
  • Bluetooth ( added )
  • Blu-ray/DVD ( upgraded )
  • Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Mods:

passwerdz
Level 7
Yes I repasted CPU and GPU I replaced CMOS Battery I flashed bios and vbios fans are cleaned no over heating I am getting atikdmag .sys bsod every time I load a AMD driver from 12 and up I have to stay on 11 I can't play any new games with those drivers.

Muratus
Level 10
Atikdmag.sys seems like a pretty common bsod. Have you googled it? Try this one, it seems correct: http://windows7themes.net/fix-atikmpag-sys-atikmdag-sys-blue-screen-errors-bsod.html .
Asus G73M (Used to be G73SW-BST6 now renamed to M for the Muratus edition)

• Intel Core i7-2630QM
  • 1080p (1920x1080) LCD (upgraded)
  • Samsung pm830 256GB SSD
  • Sansung 750GB 7200rmp 2nd HD
  • Bluetooth ( added )
  • Blu-ray/DVD ( upgraded )
  • Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Mods:

passwerdz
Level 7
Hmm I'll check that out I appreciate the help.