cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V Gene a2 error

Xtreme69
Level 7
Ok so I got a brand new maximus v gene 5 set it up in my case everything was done right and once I did nothing happened tried again outside my case dry run and it suddenly worked what would be wrong suggestions anyone
4 REPLIES 4

pcunite
Level 8
I'm new with ROG boards. I just did a build with this board and really like it. A2 = IDE Detect. I guess that means it got as far as that. I would make sure you have everything grounded correctly in the case. Make sure all your stand-offs line up and are tight. When you put the board in, make sure that all the Back I/O Ports are lined up correctly there as well. Maybe someone else has better advice.
i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

Zka17
Level 16
Welcome, Xtreme69, to the ROG Forum! 🙂

That A2 is not really an error code, it's more a status... pcunite is right, it's meaning that the BIOS finished and handing over the control to the OS... - I guess it was a storage device connection problem (loose SATA cable or loose power)... Have you tried it since then inside your case?

Xtreme69
Level 7
Hi guys moved my board to try to see if it would move or loose but its legit its in right

SUKARA
Level 10
If,ok
Please help to change another one sata cable for test it again
And double check that only installed storage device(OS HDD) under the motherboard
EX:if you have installed the usb device,DVD ROM, or others....please remove first!