cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 670 broken ? RMA imminent

STKS
Level 7
Hello, I've has this minor problem with my Asus GTX 670 for some time, but its suddenly become a big problem. I cant remember when it started, but it happened gradually; On booting up my screen remains blank until the windows login screen appears, the screen also remains blank if i try and enter the BIOS, this happens on both DVI, HMDI and VGA (with an adapter) on both of my monitors and both of the TV's in my house. For an unrelated reason I cleared CMOS on my Maximus V gene after which the screen remains blank even after the login screen appears.

I've narrowed the issue down to the GPU as i'm now running fine on my iGPU (BIOS appears on that too), and all my other screens are working. I have no idea where to start with this issue so i'm turning to this forum to try and help me avoid no doubt a lengthy RMA.

What I've tried:
Display set to PCIE in BIOS
GUI Boot is enabled
Different ports / monitors
i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V GENE, Asus GTX 670 @ 1140mhz, Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1800mhz, Crucial M4 512GB, Xonar Essence STX, Corsair AX750, Corsair 650D
5 REPLIES 5

chrsplmr
Level 18
You don't say where your from friend. Different regions have their own rules.
How long is 'gradually' .. ie. 1 month, week or ???
Welcome to ROG.c.

I'm from the UK, thanks for the welcome! As for gradually; the problem has been apparent since i got the GPU, but it happened maybe once in every 5 boots, and this increased in frequency slowly over a period of 2-3 months to the point where it always happened - and now suddenly its worsened after I cleared CMOS to the point where the GPU is now unusable.
i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V GENE, Asus GTX 670 @ 1140mhz, Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1800mhz, Crucial M4 512GB, Xonar Essence STX, Corsair AX750, Corsair 650D

PlaneName
Level 10
Remove your GPU out of the motherboard. Take a look for damages signs on the GPU, such as capacitors, burned marks and so on. If you don't see any damages at all it could be a VRM issue or RAM issue.

Also welcome to the ROG forums!
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

map01ch
Level 7
It sounds like the GPU is not working.... Guess you need to RMA the card.

Meowws
Level 7
all asus owners are experiencing issues with ASUS! All this problem arises because of ASUS overclock their product without extensive reliability testing! I RMA my 7970 for over 3 times and still have black screen crashes. Their technician are too naive and keeps pointing a mountain of reasons that I am the culprit!! WHY CAN'T FOR ONCE THEY ACCEPT IS THEIR CARD DESIGN FLAWS!!!