Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Read some of the very good guides that are available for your motherboard. Especially how to set the ram timings and voltages manually. You would be best served to have your ram running at the manufactures rated frequency that much is sure.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well, that is a problem. If I use the defuat settings from the BIOS it is worse. Evrey MB/CPU/RAM combo I had before would at least run at the default settings. Maybe a bad board?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Although I have to say I am really enjoying playing with this new board. Lots of features and of course a learning curve to go with them.

ROG Enthusiast Array

There is another issue that may or may not be related where there is a constant HD ping, driving me crazy from the clunck and LED going off every 3 seconds. and no CD, and the secondary HD does not do it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I removed one stick of Memory and it seems OK now, So RMA the Memory?
    Last edited by Orome; 05-08-2013 at 02:23 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Bump..

Ok, It boots every time like it should, now what do I do?

ROG Member Array

This sounds interesting and similar to my boot issue.

I'll try removing one of the RAM sticks as I have two 8 gig corsair sticks.

The other issues is every 3 seconds the disk access light flicker and there is a clicking like sound even when the system is idling...

Once my system is booted it runs great, I have run a game (mass effect) for multiple hours without stopping and there have been no issues. It's still fairly new and I don't use it that often (rainy day's off LOL too much yard work on the weekends to play..>)

Mike
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z, AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX680 x 2 in SLI, 16 gig G-Skill Trident, Crucial M4 SSD,
    Corsair Obsidian 800d, Corsair HX 1050, Windows 7 Ultimate

ROG Member Array

This sounds interesting and similar to my boot issue.

I'll try removing one of the RAM sticks as I have two 8 gig g-skill sticks.

The other issues is every 3 seconds the disk access light flicker and there is a clicking like sound even when the system is idling...

Once my system is booted it runs great, I have run a game (mass effect) for multiple hours without stopping and there have been no issues. It's still fairly new and I don't use it that often (rainy day's off LOL too much yard work on the weekends to play..>)

Mike
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z, AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX680 x 2 in SLI, 16 gig G-Skill Trident, Crucial M4 SSD,
    Corsair Obsidian 800d, Corsair HX 1050, Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2