cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENE-Z: can't use X-Fi 2 software package

Rhialto
Level 7
I installed the package and activated it just fine but when I try to start an application, it says 'There are no supported audio device available'. In the dropdown list there is only HD Audio.

I don't use any HD connection, I only have 2 speakers. Sound works ok, I can listen to anything but wanted to take a look at what this suite offered. I remember a long time ago when I was playing with sound effects on a previous system.
4 REPLIES 4

Area_66
Level 11
did you install the realtek drivers before ?

Of course and like I said, sound is fine... just wanted to try the X-Fi package.

EDIT: DOH! Well the more I think of it, maybe I skipped that part and was thinking I did. If Win7 install the basic driver without any yellow ? in device list then maybe I thought I had installed it. What's make me doubt now is I just looked at the driver package and it weight 125MB! So now I'm not sure I installed it and will confirm that tonight. Could be Win7 that fooled me.

P.S. I see you also love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 🙂 Are you a lucky owners of my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. coin project?

Hehehe... looks like Win7 fooled me by installing a HD Audio driver and since everything looked fine I never installed the RealTek audio driver. Now I did and was able to install the X-Fi package.

Only the EAX Gadget don't seem to work. Anyone else?

It should work. Try just headphones.

I did "Install All" or whatever it is called from the ASUS driver CD, they are all the latest atm, I checked each. Then I went and got the latest Intel chipset drivers (but might not have needed to). (then installed the Intel ACHI drivers from intel. Not sure what ASUS called the Intel drivers on the MB Addendum (I have lost the Addendum temporarily, but I hope I did the right one.)

That should cover everything except video.. for that I just did catalyst with everything unchecked except drivers.

When you plug in speakers and headphones it should auto detect that and ask you what you plugged in.

p.s. HD Audio is the video card HDMI.. maybe see if there is a "default device" somewhere or try uninstalling the vid card drivers and running the ASUS install All then reinstall the vidcard drivers.