cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build advise / future

machou
Level 7
Hey !

so after a year with a MAC (which I love) my gaming needs are surging back and well I decided to build again a gaming rig 🙂

Primary and only use will be gaming, here are what I think is a good start :

CPU : Intel Core i7 3770K
Mobo : Asus ROG Maximus V Extreme
Memory : Corsair Dominator Platinium 2x8GB DDR3 PC15000 CAS 9
Gfx : Asus GTX 680 DCUII 4GB
Hard drive : SSD Crucial M4 512 GB Revision 3
CD : DRW-24B5ST
Case : Cooler Master HAF XM
Power supply : Enermax Platimax 1000W

LCD : BenQ XL2420T (1920x1080 120Hz)

I want this one to last 2/3 years and still play the games in ultra details with all the goodies off course. I'm keeping the option off adding a second GTX680 4GB or when the 780 will be out eventually I'll add 2 780 in SLI. Maybe it's better to go with a X79 mobo ?

So please let me know what you think ? what will you improve / change ?
9 REPLIES 9

saipan
Level 8
looks pretty nice, you may want a ssd for the OS and a hdd for storage, perhaps a i5 3570k if you want to save some money.
| CM HAF X | i5 3750k | EVGA 770 ACX | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB |
| WD 1TB Sata3 Caviar Black | Antec HC 850 | Creative Recon 3D
|Creative G500 5.1 | Razer Abyssus

machou
Level 7
I was thinking a 512GB for OS and games could be enough ? There wont be any music or movies, just OS and games. Regarding the i5, I have to check the review against the i7, but your probably right, best bang for the buck! Need to do some home work on that 🙂

kkn
Level 14
well the 3770 is multitreaded and the 3570 is not ( the K models )

machou
Level 7
I'm having some doubts regarding the SSD, is it better to go with a Samsung one ?

kkn
Level 14
look at prices for 1x240 ( or a 120 if thats an option if you dont instal mutch programs on it ( for OS ) ) and 1x 240gig ( if you dont use that mutch space tho ( for games ) )
save large programs on a HDD to keep OS ssd low on filled space.
samsung or intel is good ones.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I can recommend Samsung with confidence.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

machou
Level 7
Thanks for the advice everyone, I bought all my stuff, can't wait to play again 🙂

Adhy_Dharma_FN
Level 7
why don't choose 4770k processor?
Next Build
- AMD Vishera FX-8350
- AMD Radeon HD 7870

Adhy Dharma FN wrote:
why don't choose 4770k processor?

My friend this thread is from April and the 4770K was only released last week (June 2013)

Hope you are not spamming.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.