ROG Member Array

FN+F2 WIFI toggle not working, Cannot detect networks

Hi guys, I have an issue that Live chat was very unhelpful in resolving.
    For a couple days now my wifi has suddenly disappeared. I cannot toggle it on or off through FN+F2 and no networks appear in my connections.

After reinstalling the atheros driver it has not changed (ive also noticed that the driver signing and version does not change when i reinstall it, using updated drivers). My F2 key is not malfunctioning (I can get into BIOS) and I've even gone as far as to refresh my Windows 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ive also noticed since the refresh that the other fn keys use the windows 8 themes icons when they appear on screen instead of the previous asus themes ones.

My last issue is that since I did a system reset to a previous date, the contents of my desktop are not visible on my actual desktop but only in win explorer. I have tried view>show desktop icons.

Please help guys

New ROGer Array

please check device show in device manager and clean uninstall driver from control panel and reinstall again wifi and atk driver.

Dude on my Asus G75VW

FN+F2 is going to airplane mode that is specially designed for using an laptop save in a airplane....

if you use that WIFI is OFF and no WIFI can be detected
    Last edited by TokoDude; 04-23-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
    G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
    GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

ROG Member Array

My FN+F2 used to have a toggle for bluetooth/wifi I must have a different keyboard than yours. The thing is now the hotkey doesnt work and it appears I have no wifi receiver. In Network Connections I have my Bluetooth and Ethernet, no wifi device.
    I will try the reinstall as per your instructions Pitcher, and thank you both for the responses.

ROG Member Array

i've had no luck with the wifi or the fn functionality.
    For some reason when I attempt to update my firmware it does not detect my wifi card.
    I can only assume I need an RMA so thats what I'll be doing as soon as I get sick of using ethernet all the time.

Banned Array

im sure your issue is a simple driver thing

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Apexing's Avatar

Yup did not work on mine either.
    install the wireless consol http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...7_64_Z3032.zip it is for windows 7 but works for windows 8 too. then fn+f2 wil bring up wifi/bluetooth menu for on and off

ROG Enthusiast Array

What he said. If you don't have Wireless Console 3 installed, Fn+F2 will not work!