cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD code 0x1A with 3DMark 2013 ( loop )

BenchAndGames
Level 10
I'm doing stability test, with 3DMark 2013, settings ( Fire Strike, Extreme Mode and loop ), and after two hours, I have a BSOD 1a. ( 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa8004c64f70, 0x000000000000ffff, 0x0000000000000000 ).

What that means, this error code ?

Note: I run 15 hours Prime95 and 12 hours of Memtest86 without errors/fails. ( New reset CMOS and re-flash bios 1707 )

My system is the signature below.
14 REPLIES 14

nikosa43
Level 12
BenchAndGames wrote:
I'm doing stability test, with 3DMark 2013, settings ( Fire Strike, Extreme Mode and loop ), and after two hours, I have a BSOD 1a. ( 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa8004c64f70, 0x000000000000ffff, 0x0000000000000000 ).

What that means, this error code ?

Note: I run 15 hours Prime95 and 12 hours of Memtest86 without errors/fails. ( New reset CMOS and re-flash bios 1707 )

My system is the signature below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff557391

It seems to me, that some kind of memory problems haunting you.

SUKARA
Level 10
Did you already try to upgrade the graphic card latest version driver?

nikosa43
Level 12
Hey, B&G I thought of something and I had to ask you. Your 16 G of RAM, is a 2 dimm configuration or a 4 dimm? You bought it as one kit or two kits of the same type? If it is two kits, it is not recommended to use it, because compatibility issues may rise. In that case please use only one for some time and see if you have the same issues. If it's only one kit (2 X 8 G), then the question is, in what positions (dimm slots), do you have it installed? In the past years it was recommended to populate the slots closer to the CPU. Now and by ASUS manual recommendation, best way to avoid compatibility issues, is to populate the slots far away from the CPU. So in that case install the two pieces of you RAM to B1 and B2 slots, (slots 2 and 4, if we start counting from CPU). So load your XMP profile set your voltage for VCCIO manually a bit lower, according to previous threads discussions and check how it behaves. One last thing, set CPU PLL to 1.72 - 1.76, not 1.70Volts. 1.70, may be low for some hardware.

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
Did you already try to upgrade the graphic card latest version driver?

Yes I have now 320.00 driver, but first, I've also tested with 314.22 WHQL.

nikosa43 wrote:
Hey, B&G I thought of something and I had to ask you. Your 16 G of RAM, is a 2 dimm configuration or a 4 dimm? You bought it as one kit or two kits of the same type? If it is two kits, it is not recommended to use it, because compatibility issues may rise. In that case please use only one for some time and see if you have the same issues. If it's only one kit (2 X 8 G), then the question is, in what positions (dimm slots), do you have it installed? In the past years it was recommended to populate the slots closer to the CPU. Now and by ASUS manual recommendation, best way to avoid compatibility issues, is to populate the slots far away from the CPU. So in that case install the two pieces of you RAM to B1 and B2 slots, (slots 2 and 4, if we start counting from CPU). So load your XMP profile set your voltage for VCCIO manually a bit lower, according to previous threads discussions and check how it behaves. One last thing, set CPU PLL to 1.72 - 1.76, not 1.70Volts. 1.70, may be low for some hardware.

Hi, I have two identical 2 x 4GB kits.
But right now, I'm just using 1 memory kit (2x4GB).

And I have installed the memory in sockets 2 and 4. (Red slots)

I agree, I will try to increase the CPU PLL to 1.75V.

But one more thing, last night I left the PC on to download some stuff, and I received the BSOD 3b.
I understand the need to increase the CPU voltage, if you receive this code.

But it seems weird to have received this code, because my system has been able to spend 15 hours of Prime95 blend mode at 75% utilization of the RAM.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Are you sure you are running one kit? have you separated the kits by serial No? the errors do point to RAM instability and/or OC instability.

Running prime just means you can run prime...it's a good guide to stability but no the be all and end all by any means. Stability at the end of the day is running the programs, games, benchmarks you want to run, without problems.

RAM kits even if they are the same make and model are never guaranteed to work together. One kit is binned to work together....not together with another kit.

Your best chance to run 2 kits together would be setting them up entirely manually not with XMP.

BenchAndGames
Level 10
You sure you have a cow's head on the avatar ?
Come on man, we're talking about serious things.

And no, I dont have mixed memory units.

And I have said above, that also my PC is able to spend 12 hours(10 pass) in memtest86, which is the final program to test the stability between the ram.
After that, by theory, the ram is stable.

Zka17
Level 16
Could you start prime95 and Furmark tests in the same time? (max 30 minutes, not more)

What I'm thinking is that actually your PSU can not handle the load... 850W for 2xGTX680s may not be enough... - the tests you run until now are not stressing the whole system...

Also, BSOD 0x3B is too low Vcore...

Zka17 wrote:
Could you start prime95 and Furmark tests in the same time? (max 30 minutes, not more)

What I'm thinking is that actually your PSU can not handle the load... 850W for 2xGTX680s may not be enough... - the tests you run until now are not stressing the whole system...

Also, BSOD 0x3B is too low Vcore...

I see a little dangerous run prime95 and 3dmark at the same time, but I can try.

Man, I dont know, but the power supply is Corsair HX Series, with an efficiency of silver.

Also, I have seen people, who with the Corsair HX850W, has been able to run 3-way SLI 680.

So, I need increse vCore for fix the 0x3b BSOD ?

PD: Besides, I know, that when the power supply is not able to keep hardware´s, the PC is turned off or restart, but at no time, may show a BSOD code.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Rerun the 3Dmark13 and see if you get the fail again.

And can you post up some more information about the event log of that event.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.