cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Keyboard, Mouse Not Booting USB 2.0 Port?

shadowman007
Level 7
Am having a problem with my M5E motherboard am using a USB keybaord & mouse but both of them don't boot up when the post screen comes meaning I can't get into BIOS they only come ON when am at the "Windows Welcome Screen". However this is on a USB 2.0 it's doing this not on USB 3.0 I know I can just use the 3.0 ports :rolleyes: but am sure there has to be a way around this usb 2.0 problem?
3 REPLIES 3

Granamere
Level 7
I use a Logitech unifing connector plugged into the USB2 slot right above the laptop USB port. It lets my wireless keyboard and mouse get into and set the BIOS. I would try another port on the back of the computer and if that does not work try a different keyboard.
CPU: I-7 3770k
Cooling: NZXT Kraken X40
GPU: evga Titan Superclocked Signature
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme (BIOS 1707)
Memory: Corsair Veneance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 (Timing 9-10-9-27)
Sound Card: built on motherboard or Logitech g930
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case: Rosewill THOR V2

shadowman007
Level 7
Ok this is weird I also had a USB cable connected to my Monitor which is the Dell U3014 but for this I was using a USB 3.0 port but as soon as I put this USB cable in a USB 2.0 Port the keyboard and mouse started booting from the USB 2.0 Ports as well ? The only thing I can think of is the Dell monitor has a card reader and when it was connected into the USB 3.0 port the card reader was getting first priority.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Correct that is pretty much what is happening.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.