Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Unhappy Seemingly Dead Maximus V Extreme: No Q-Codes

Hello to my fellow Maximoids! Name's Bryan. I'm new to posting but not to lurking. Love the community here as well as my Maximus V Extreme, so I hope I can get a little advice. :)

I've had my system running fine with no major problems since I got the parts in November of last year (http://pcpartpicker.com/user/avalonstar/saved/Z8Y). However, all of a sudden after playing a round of Dota 2, my system suddenly shut off. I pressed the case's power button a few times with no avail. I then pulled the case's side cover off and tried to press the Power button, which was still illuminated (along with the BIOS light and reset button) also to no avail.

Startled, I perused the forums and landed upon this post by HiVizMan: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post181089

That user was experiencing the same failure as I did, so I'm following the instructions that are in that post. Other than that, are there any other precautions or solutions I should be thinking about before I sadly and ultimately RMA the board? This happened so suddenly that I'm really not sure what the problem could be.

I guess we'll see what happens when I attempt to power it on tomorrow.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array WeRNothiNg's Avatar

I'm afraid motherboard or PSU, or at least that would be my thoughts. If tomorrow shows no improvement, see if you can find a loaner PSU. I have had some power supplies get weak before dying and cause some weird happenings.
    **i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    ~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

So,if you try to do once "CLRTC" setting have no change?
    Did you try to simply the hardware device? only installed 1pcs memory,cpu,and graphic card...
    Then,re-start the motherboard for test it again

If still can't sloved the issue,maybe you can plan to sent the motherboard to reapir and detail check by asus service center

under the link is asus contact service center information for your reference:
    http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SUKARA@ASUS View Post
    So,if you try to do once "CLRTC" setting have no change?
    Did you try to simply the hardware device? only installed 1pcs memory,cpu,and graphic card...
    Then,re-start the motherboard for test it again
    Unfortunately none of that helps. The power and reset button illuminates as well as the BIOS LED, but pressing the buttons does nothing.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by WeRNothiNg View Post
    I'm afraid motherboard or PSU, or at least that would be my thoughts. If tomorrow shows no improvement, see if you can find a loaner PSU. I have had some power supplies get weak before dying and cause some weird happenings.
    You could be right about the PSU, considering the way it shut off on me.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Please post your complete system specs as detailed as possible for us. Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Thanks WeRNothiNg, it was the PSU. Couldn't wait so I grabbed a loaner and tried it out. IT'S ALIVE AGAIN!

ROG Enthusiast Array

So nice to see a happy ending!
    LOL

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Gotto to love SDS for power supplies.

Sudden Death Syndrome.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Gotto to love SDS for power supplies.

Sudden Death Syndrome.
    Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is the best kind.
    i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast