cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Asus use nVidia GTX 780m in next ROG release?

samozen
Level 8
H all

I have seen in the latest Asus Nvidia driver support for The Card 780m. So the next ROG could come with this card.
What are your thoughts?:D
6 REPLIES 6

DeltaActual
Level 12
forget about it.
G614JV

pathfindercod
Level 8
Maybe? Probably not... Asus goes after mainstream not power users.

samozen
Level 8
but why they support the card in there driver if they won't these card in there next ROG?

ZeroBarrier
Level 10
The driver isn't written by ASUS, they aren't the ones supporting squat in a driver release. The manufacturer is the one who writes the drivers and adds support for their products. of course an NVIDIA driver would support an NVIDIA card.

You all just need to stop throwing your personal opinions around as if they were facts. The next generation of ROG notebooks haven't been officially announced, and until ASUS does officially announce them we won't know.

So how about we stop opening up a new thread about everyone's dreams of what the next G series notebooks should be and focus on what we already have our hands on or what's already been officially announced till the next official announcement is made? Deal?

ZeroBarrier wrote:
The driver isn't written by ASUS, they aren't the ones supporting squat in a driver release. The manufacturer is the one who writes the drivers and adds support for their products. of course an NVIDIA driver would support an NVIDIA card.

Actually, ASUS tests and certifies the driver, which can harder than actually writing the driver itself. They may make a few tweaks to the code, but very little. The key is that thy have to be absolutely confident that the driver works, because if a user has problems with that driver, it becomes grounds for an RMA. Problems with an uncertified driver could be problems with the driver, rather than problems with the video card itself.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

grungeboy2
Level 10
the next g-series will probably have a 760m or a 770m for the high end.