cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75V Bios password

purekaoz777
Level 8
I was recently fiddling around the BIOS settings and added a password to it without realizing what it really meant (kinda stupid). I know the password but is there a way to remove the password without having to send in the laptop to Asus support?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Karrde
Level 10
Go to "Set" Password. First it asks for your current Password enter it, second at "Create New Password" enter nothing (just press return). Now a "Warning. Clear old Password. Continue?" pops up, pick "Yes", have Fun.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I agree, just enter nothing (clear the field out) when asked for the new password, but don't forget to save on exit of the Bios.

But it is a good thing for entering the BIOS, it's good protection for you.
No one can enter BIOS to make any changes, only you!
So don't think of it as a stupid thing!
Plus if some how your system gets stolen, you will give the thief a hard time!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Karrde wrote:
Go to "Set" Password. First it asks for your current Password enter it, second at "Create New Password" enter nothing (just press return). Now a "Warning. Clear old Password. Continue?" pops up, pick "Yes", have Fun.

GottiBoi55 wrote:
I agree, just enter nothing (clear the field out) when asked for the new password, but don't forget to save on exit of the Bios.

But it is a good thing for entering the BIOS, it's good protection for you.
No one can enter BIOS to make any changes, only you!
So don't think of it as a stupid thing!
Plus if some how your system gets stolen, you will give the thief a hard time!

Oh my god, thank you both so much. I contacted Asus support about this and they told me to send in my laptop to get a tech to wipe the CMOS memory. You guys saved me a lot of time and money!! You guys are awesome 😄

purekaoz777 wrote:
Oh my god, thank you both so much. I contacted Asus support about this and they told me to send in my laptop to get a tech to wipe the CMOS memory. You guys saved me a lot of time and money!! You guys are awesome 😄

You are very much welcome my friend.
BTW, Welcome to the ROG FORUM!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar