cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow Tint on screen

ichito
Level 7
so like two weeks back my laptop seemed to have this yellow tint over the entire screen it was only noticeable when i had a white backround open and would tend to irritate my eyes.
Due to this problem i plugged in an old monitor which i had lying around and used it for 2 days while i figured out what to do. After this 2 days i turned on my laptop one day and the yellow tint was gone. I mean completely gone for like these last 2 weeks i haven't seen the yellow tint at all but i am curious as to what caused the problem,how it resolved itself and if it is a sign that my graphics card/screen has been damaged or something would really like to know how i can prevent this from happening again if possible

This is the g75VW-BBK5

i would appreciate any help/advice available.
9 REPLIES 9

dstrakele
Level 14
I suspect you inadvertently changed your display's color profile by hitting an ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement utility keyboard shortcut.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Apexing
Level 9
What dstrakele said.
You can just uninstall the program and it wont happen again.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I agree.
The "ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement" is worthless just uninstall it!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

dstrakele
Level 14
But be aware that Splendid and all other ASUS Bloatware applications are required to be running on your laptop to enroll in the ASUS Free Dental Care Program (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32042-Why-can-t-we-have-free-Kaspersky-for-ROG-notebook-use...).

dstrakele wrote:
But be aware that Splendid and all other ASUS Bloatware applications are required to be running on your laptop to enroll in the ASUS Free Dental Care Program (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32042-Why-can-t-we-have-free-Kaspersky-for-ROG-notebook-use...).

Hahaha LMAO........Good one!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

ichito
Level 7
ok but i still got 2 more questions then xD 1 i cant find this program anywhere and 2 the yellow tint used to vary on and off when pressure was applied to various parts of the laptop.....like i mean one way i used to have it off initially was to put the front on like a coke cap or something and have it angled ....used to take off the yellow tint wierdly..

Apexing
Level 9
it should be in the uninstall area of windows.
but by what you are saying it could be a loose connection inside the laptop.
I would get it replaced at the seller if you still can.

dstrakele
Level 14
Unfortunately, if pressing on your laptop changes video behavior, it indicates a hardware problem. Your options are contacting your retailer to see if you can exchange your defective laptop for a new one, or send the laptop in for Warranty repair.

johnnydwicked
Level 7
I calibratred my Asus g75vx as it had a default blue tint and it turns out that slight yellow tint was the correct calibrated color just like my calibrated external Asus VS228h monitor. I used a Spyder 4 pro to calibrate both monitors and now they are about 96% matched together.
Asus G75VX - Windows 8 Pro OEM 64-bit + Classic Shell, i7 3630QM 2.4ghz - 3.4ghz TB, Nvidia GTX 670mx 3gb, Windows 8 pro oem 64-bit + Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory + the default 8gb ram ddr3 Samsung 1600mhz + Samsung MZ-7TD250BW 840 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) 250 GB Sata 2.5-Inch (boot) + 1tb 5400 rpm (storage)