cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX & drivers

awkarr
Level 8
G75VX
Nvidia GTX 670MX - driver outdated (ver. 311)

Nvidia is already on 320.xx and hell didn't even get 314 update. Same with Realtek ect. So should I say hell with Asus and just go to the websites for each hardware I have (Intel, Nvidia, Reltek) and get CURRENT drivers or should I just sit it out and wait for Asus to wake up and update their products. I tried pushing them by calling via live chat and posting on FB to get some updates out. And I say this because I do get popups stated drivers are outdated please click here to visit our fourms (this is from KoA, Skyrim, and other current games I play) and when I do a windows update I see in optimal updates new driver versions.

Besides that rant I have I am loving my investment in this laptop but wish they took care of these issues.

How can they be called Asus-RoG and drivers are not updated to play current games without the annoying popups .... to me just don't seem right.
19 REPLIES 19

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
I agree with you that they aver very slow lately in updating the drivers BUT....

Do not rush to update the drivers, I will give you one example...

One time, I decided I want to update all my drivers.

When I was playing an HD movie, my computer became very irresponsive and jerky... After a lot of investigation ,it turned out to be the updated Intel USB 3.0 Drivers that I got off Intel's site were the problem!!!

The moment I downgraded to the ones from ASUS, the problem went away. that's a lesson I learned the hard way to always stick to the manufcaturer drivers

2nd problem I faced, I updated the VIA Audio Drivers, what happens next? when I connected my laptop to my TV to watch movies, the sound would only come out from the laptop and not through the TV!!!

the moment I installed the ASUS VIA sound drivers again everything worked as expected.

with all that said, I really wish ASUS would update their drivers though the G75VW Windows 7 Drivers are ANCIENT and OLD!
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

what abaut 320.49 driver ?

dstrakele
Level 14
awkarr wrote:
How can they be called Asus-RoG and drivers are not updated to play current games without the annoying popups .... to me just don't seem right.

It doesn't seem right to you because you don't understand how device driver development works.

1) ASUS does not develop NVIDIA drivers. NVIDIA drivers are developed only by NVIDIA Corporation.

2) NVIDIA develops drivers for ALL systems running NVIDIA video cards, not just specifically for ASUS laptops.

3) As a result of differences in hardware and software, it is possible the drivers released by NVIDIA may cause problems running on ASUS laptops. For this reason, ASUS provides Quality Assurance Testing of NVIDIA drivers to confirm they will work properly on ASUS laptops. This Q)/A Testing can take up to several weeks. If the driver passes Q/A Testing, it is then posted on the ASUS website.

4) ASUS cannot begin Q/A Testing NVIDIA drivers until they are released by NVIDIA. As a result, the NVIDIA drivers posted by ASUS will ALWAYS be out of date with respect to the most recently released NVIDIA driver.

5) ASUS Q/A Testing is likely prioritized by their most recent product releases. There is little financial impetus for them to Q/A Test drivers for the older laptops.

6) Since the latest NVIDIA drivers always contain enhancements to improve game performance, it is in the game developer's best interest to get you on the most current driver from NVIDIA's website. So if you desire maximum gaming performance and wish to avoid driver upgrade popups from games, choose to install the most recent NVIDIA version from their website. If you run into problems with that version, you can always backrev to the earlier Q/A Tested versions provided by ASUS.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
It doesn't seem right to you because you don't understand how device driver development works.

1) ASUS does not develop NVIDIA drivers. NVIDIA drivers are developed only by NVIDIA Corporation.

2) NVIDIA develops drivers for ALL systems running NVIDIA video cards, not specifically for ASUS laptops.

3) As a result of differences in hardware and software, it is possible the drivers released by NVIDIA may cause problems running on ASUS laptops. For this reason, ASUS provides Quality Assurance Testing of NVIDIA drivers to confirm they will work properly on ASUS laptops. This Q)/A Testing can take up to several weeks.

4) ASUS cannot begin Q/A Testing NVIDIA drivers until they are released by NVIDIA. As a result, the NVIDIA drivers posted by ASUS will ALWAYS be out of date with respect to the most recently released NVIDIA driver.

5) Since the latest NVIDIA drivers always contain enhancements to improve game performance, it is in the game developer's best interest to get you on the most current driver from NVIDIA's website. If you run into problems with that version, you can always backrev to the earlier Q/A Tested versions provided by ASUS.

1) Nvidia does provided and develop drivers for their products but companies like ASUS does infact put in their 2 cents in the coding.

2) Never said anything like this in my post but ok ...

3) Understandable but there has been how many updates now from Nvidia, Intel, Realtek. compare to ASUS website? How many weeks but how many MONTHS has it been?

4) - 5) Like I stated in my opinion and still stand by it! (Nvidia wants to be the first with performance graphics ect ect in their products right, soo they push out updated hardware and updated drivers asap. here RoG so called gaming equipment can push out products but cant push out updates? And without updates how can you play current games without annoying popups about your hardware drivers and notice you don't have driver updates for sometime now and you paid 1400 some on dollars right as a consumer I have the right to state my opinion if I am not satisfied how things are updated. 3-5 months of outdated drivers ... that is a little too long for updates to be handed out.

awkarr wrote:
1) Nvidia does provided and develop drivers for their products but companies like ASUS does infact put in their 2 cents in the coding.

2) Never said anything like this in my post but ok ...

3) Understandable but there has been how many updates now from Nvidia, Intel, Realtek. compare to ASUS website? How many weeks but how many MONTHS has it been?

4) - 5) Like I stated in my opinion and still stand by it! (Nvidia wants to be the first with performance graphics ect ect in their products right, soo they push out updated hardware and updated drivers asap. here RoG so called gaming equipment can push out products but cant push out updates? And without updates how can you play current games without annoying popups about your hardware drivers and notice you don't have driver updates for sometime now and you paid 1400 some on dollars right as a consumer I have the right to state my opinion if I am not satisfied how things are updated. 3-5 months of outdated drivers ... that is a little too long for updates to be handed out.

I agree with you. The ASUS Driver support team is lazy now and seem to have taken a nap. Just look at the Intel Chipset Drivers, they are wayy too outdated and same goes for the IRST driver
ASUS G75VW-T1086V

awkarr
Level 8
I did take a look at all current driver information about my hardware like I said 5 months without a single update. And yet when I do try to update from the hardware(s) website I can dl the new current driver but cant install? No device found. And why do a whole work around disabling the whole system just to update? This is just complete stupid on ASUS half. I took the choice buying this over any product because of the reviews but now I just feel like I paid a company for a product that they just don't care about keeping it stable and running for years to come. Hell I don't care about 320 for Nvidia at least give me 314 so I can take a peek at the new improvements. And with the rest of the hardware Intel should be a priority driver update ....

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
For the latest ASUS/nVIDIA Drivers, go to the following link then choose Windows 8 64 bi, the Windows 8 drivers work on both Windows 7 & 8:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VGA&p=3&s=111

The latest currently available is the nVIDIA Graphics Driver 9.18.13.1141 which is basically the same as nVIDIA's 311.41
ASUS G75VW-T1086V

awkarr
Level 8
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VX&p=3&s=388

Like you stated dl from asus for my system so here it is. Is not the same driver as you just posted, .. So now you can see my problem. For my system they are all outdated.

awkarr wrote:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VX&p=3&s=388

Like you stated dl from asus for my system so here it is. Is not the same driver as you just posted, .. So now you can see my problem. For my system they are all outdated.

oh yeah I know that, the link I posted is a general link for all ASUS Laptops if you must have the latest. but never expect it to be on par with nVIDIA's versions
ASUS G75VW-T1086V