cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW DH71 Mic (analogue jack) Issues - chirping sound + static

abs1337
Level 7
Hey,

So I ordered my G55 from XoticPC.com with a couple of upgrades, one being the Samsung 840 Pro SSD, and I had them place the SSD into the HDD bay, and the HDD into a caddy in the optical drive bay. They were charging $20 to switch the OS over to the SSD fom the HDD so I told them I'd do it myself.

I formatted it as soon as I got it, and I'm having issues with my audio driver. My biggest issue so far is a chirping sound + static from my mic that friends complain about when were on a VOIP call (any client). Tested headset on desktop so its not that, and if I reduce mic sensitivity, my voice drastically reduces too.

For starters - with the VIA drivers (both versions listed on ASUS's support site) gave me an error saying "HD device not found" or something like that during installation, but installation did complete and it was partially working - I had 2 microphone devices listed, one built in and the other for analogue jack. And it doesn't automatically switch when I plug in my headset, II need to manually select device in Skype/Teamspeak/Razer Comms.

I downloaded the Realtek drivers which worked better, skype would switch between my built in mic and headset mic whenever I plugged it in. But the chirping sound + static persists. Tried a lot of tweaks in windows sound options and skype itself, but nothing helps.

TL-DR: Chirping sound from headset mic, no its not the headset, tried both Realtek and VIA drivers from Asus support page.

Could you please help me pick properly working audio driver for windows 8 (64 bit)

Thanks a lot.
16 REPLIES 16

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
Which version of the driver do you currently ave installed?
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

DanishKid wrote:
Which version of the driver do you currently ave installed?

I've got these: Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_Z6016738

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
I think first thing is you need to figure out from your model number (not only G55VW but the digits after that as well such as the model number you see in my sig so that we can figure out which audio chipset you have in your system.

If it's VIA, you will need to uninstall all drivers in your system at the moment then reboot, then install this by right clicking on the setup file then choosing Run As Administrator

VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400
ASUS G75VW-T1086V

DanishKid wrote:
I think first thing is you need to figure out from your model number (not only G55VW but the digits after that as well such as the model number you see in my sig so that we can figure out which audio chipset you have in your system.

If it's VIA, you will need to uninstall all drivers in your system at the moment then reboot, then install this by right clicking on the setup file then choosing Run As Administrator

VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400

Well the one I have is the G55VW-DH71, this one : ASUS G55VW-DH71

I understand there are more specific model numbers, for example model numbers specific to the ones sold by BestBuy. How do I find out mine?

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
ok, going to http://www.ma-config.com/en and running the driver check, it might tell if u if there is a driver update.

I want you to tell me, in the results it finds, does it say there is a VIA audio driver update or a RealTek audio driver update? or none?

awaiting your response
ASUS G75VW-T1086V

DanishKid wrote:
ok, going to http://www.ma-config.com/en and running the driver check, it might tell if u if there is a driver update.

I want you to tell me, in the results it finds, does it say there is a VIA audio driver update or a RealTek audio driver update? or none?

awaiting your response

There are the only 2 listing I see:

Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller
NVIDIA Corporation GK107 HDMI Audio Controller

the 2nd is the HDMI output from the GPU, the first... no idea.

Edit: Heres a link to the full config: My Configuration

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
now click on the download drivers tab in there, and post a screen shot of the findings
ASUS G75VW-T1086V

DanishKid wrote:
now click on the download drivers tab in there, and post a screen shot of the findings

Hey,

So while I was waiting, I decided to try out the drivers you linked earlier, (followed your instructions). It did install successfully. And I've got a HDVdeck application on my desktop too.

Seems to work well, the chirping sound has gone, but my friends complained about some background noise etc. After A LOT of tweaks and settings on both skype and HDVdeck, it's "acceptable" now. My voice doesn't sound natural like earlier (a little dubbed) but the noise and static is gone.

Although I'd like to get to the bottom of this to solve it once and for all.

Here's the drivers download page : Drivers Download. It doesn't have a listing for audio drivers.

Awesome, will do and get back to you on that.

Also since audio drivers weren't listed on drivers download page, I'm guessing the VIA ones were the right drivers and I do have the VIA audio chipset. Right?

And thanks for all the help! Cheers 🙂