cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV extreme RAID and BSOD

Lynkdev
Level 10
I cant seem to get this right with win 7 x64

I installed my OS on my crucial ssd while in AHCI, didnt load any drivers. I get a BSOD when i change to RAID mode to get my two raptors up and running in RAID 0. I've tried changing the iaStorV file from 3 to 0 with no luck since i read that the raid driver is disabled by windows if installed in AHCI. My ssd is on the Intel 6gb port and the raptors are on the Intel 3gb port.

Do i have to re install windows with the bios set to RAID first? Is the driver below the correct one to load while installing windows?

RSTe_3.6.0.1093_F6-drivers
-RSTe_f6_iaStorA_64
-iaStorA setup info

Going about the recovery route through windows and loading this driver doesn't work...have no idea why. Just errors out
18 REPLIES 18

SUKARA
Level 10

DooRules
Level 10
You should have been in R0 from the beginning. I guess you know this by now bud. No need to reinstall though...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1227636/how-to-change-sata-modes-after-windows-7-installation
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K

The first thing i did was upgrade to the latest bios. I also followed the registry instructions and found only one iaStorV file with a setting of 3. The other two were set to 0 already, so after changing the iaStorV file...nothing different and still get the BSOD.

Lynkdev
Level 10
I have two Samsung 830's coming in that i want to raid instead of using these old raptor sata drives. Since i will be reloading windows, what is the correct driver i need to load and what file do i select in the folder? it asks for a setup info file and i can select between the iastorA or S files.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will need to set your SATA to RAID mode before you install on your single disc as per the OP. It makes no difference to the whole process and that way you can then build your RAID for the storage devices.

Or if ...

You are going RAID from day one, then only have the two discs installed in system and set SATA to RAID. Depending on what OS you are installing you will not require any other drivers to do the install.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
You will need to set your SATA to RAID mode before you install on your single disc as per the OP. It makes no difference to the whole process and that way you can then build your RAID for the storage devices.

Or if ...

You are going RAID from day one, then only have the two discs installed in system and set SATA to RAID. Depending on what OS you are installing you will not require any other drivers to do the install.

Ok thanks, im installing win 7 x64. Can you point me to the driver i need to install for this please? Also, when i select the driver during the install..am i selecting the iastorS or iastorA file?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have only once ever had to point my install to a driver.

Here is how I do it.

I have my OS on a USB stick, I use the Microsoft USB tool to make it.
Then I place the entire RAID driver folder on the USB stick.
If asked, and as I said I was only ever prompted for them once I simply navigated to the driver folder and let the installation continue.

Do not format your two SSD's just leave them be. The OS install process will do all that you need.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks man, i'll let you know how it goes when i receive them tomorrow.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please do mate I will be on line in about 8 hours time. Sleep is calling me after the football.