Thread: G46 models

ROG Member Array

G46 models

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Model: G46VW-BSI5N06 better than the

Model: G46VW-BHI5N43? I ask because at best buy the BSI5N06 is 900 while the other model is 950

It looks like they are exactly the same. Buy the cheaper one.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

The BSI is better because it is $50 cheaper and has a faster i5 cpu by 100mhz.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Djask's Avatar

IIRC, one has a rounded adapter while the other one is more like a traditional brick.
    Asus G46VW
    i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by colpolite View Post
    The BSI is better because it is $50 cheaper and has a faster i5 cpu by 100mhz.
    Fair point, but not noticeable in the performance department. The $50 is worth it, though. You can get some more RAM or a nice mouse for that.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Double check the specs. I recall a member here having another wireless card to the standard Intel. The $950 model is the first gen with the lower spec i5 but it does come with the Intel wireless/Bluetooth card, can't say what the newer model comes with. Maybe another member can verify.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The Asus G46VW-BSI5N06 is a better buy, because it comes with a slightly newer and faster i5-3230M processor. Sometimes the prices of the two models are the same, some times the faster model is even cheap (by $50 as you saw). Price seems to flucturate between $899 and $999, so I would wait and buy when it is $899.

I have the newer Asus G46VW-BSI5N06 model and it has the Intel 2230 wireless bluetooth card.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just customize through HIDevolution. You can get a G46 with some crazy specs through them if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
    The Asus G46VW-BSI5N06 is a better buy, because it comes with a slightly newer and faster i5-3230M processor. Sometimes the prices of the two models are the same, some times the faster model is even cheap (by $50 as you saw). Price seems to flucturate between $899 and $999, so I would wait and buy when it is $899.

I have the newer Asus G46VW-BSI5N06 model and it has the Intel 2230 wireless bluetooth card.
    Thanks for the verification! I like the G46VW series so much I'm thinking of purchasing the BSI5N06 and keeping it as a standby/replacement while I use the BHI5N43 for the while. Just wish it came with Windows 8 Pro in one shot.
    Last edited by dclanz; 05-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.