cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Problem] ASUS Boot Setting App. not recognizing latest MB BIOS

SentineL_VDXi
Level 7
Hi,

I've installed the ASUS Boot Setting App. in order to restart and autoboot inside BIOS.
Thing it that when I click it, it says to please update my BIOS to the latest version from asus site.

I currently have the latest BIOS, which is 3603 for Maximus IV Extreme...

Any possible solution to make it work this app?

Thanks,
ASUS Products: Maximus X Formula - RT-AC87U/AC88U
4 REPLIES 4

SUKARA
Level 10
Could you please help to provide about this error message picture?

SentineL_VDXi
Level 7
This is the window that appears (I'm running it in Win8 Pro 64bit)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HiVizMan
Level 40
Mate just what is it you are wanting to do with your motherboard and this application.

Oh

And please do not update your bios via OS what ever you do.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Mate just what is it you are wanting to do with your motherboard and this application.

Oh

And please do not update your bios via OS what ever you do.

Hi,

I'm just looking to get what the App. is for... click it and send me directly to UEFI BIOS. It's nothing else than that.

"ASUS Boot Setting
Multi-startup Options

Thanks to ASUS Windows 8 hardware optimization, ASUS Boot Setting provides better flexibility in customizing your PCs startup process. You can enter the BIOS directly with one click through a user-friendly interface, and quickly select your preferred system boot up method: either get to the OS in seconds or opt for regular boot up. Whatever your choice, settings are saved and persistent, with no need to choose every time you power on."

Link: http://event.asus.com/mb/windows_8/

And don't worry, I NEVER update BIOS/Firmwares from the O.S. That would be waaaayyy risky... I won't take a chance.