cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my video card support 2650x1600 ?

Dany_RoG
Level 7
Hello there !
I have an Asus G75vw with the 670M, 3gb graphic card. Im looking to buy a 30 inch monitor ( Dell UltraSharp 3014 ) for my brother.
Would my laptop be able to support the 2650x1600 resoluton, so i could also use the monitor for games such as WoW, Battlefield, Call of Duty and DOTA2 ?

Thx
Dany
5 REPLIES 5

HulkSmash
Level 8
the video card does support that resolution, however your monitor does not. The only way to run it at that, is to use an external monitor

ZeroBarrier
Level 10
Google luck running games at that resolution on an external monitor. you're going to have to sacrifice a ton if not all the eye candy in game just to hit a playable 30fps.

ZeroBarrier wrote:
Google luck running games at that resolution on an external monitor. you're going to have to sacrifice a ton if not all the eye candy in game just to hit a playable 30fps.

Hi, Thx for the answer at 1st place.
Does the 670m really suck so much ? I mean , to rech 30 fps on Dota 2 or CS:GO must not be a big deal even at 2650x1600 ?

ZeroBarrier
Level 10
1920X1080=2,073,600 pixels

2560X1600=4,096,000 pixels

That's almost twice the amount of pixels. Like I said previously, good luck running any game on anything but the lowest settings (except for angry birds or something similar).

HulkSmash
Level 8
I mean you can probably run DOTA fine, but no high end games on that res, laptop cards are not made for that....