cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature issue with motherboard?

Ryguy1988
Level 7
Hi all.

Ive recently upgrade my PC to a Maximus V formula, Core i7 3770k, and so on. Everything has been working fine untill i recently updated the drivers of the motherboard. Now i get a message via Asus Suite that the motherboard reaches 100 deg C. I have
excellent cooling in the case but what i find strange is when i shut down and immediately feel the heat sinks on the
motherboard, they cool, barely warm to the touch.

On average the system ran at about 30 deg C. I know the solution would be to revert the drivers back to what was originally installed but could someone give me an idea of what is happening and if there could be another way of correcting this?
7 REPLIES 7

SUKARA
Level 10
How much temperature under the bios manual(hardware monitor)?

Could you please help to re-flash the bios for test again?

bios file download link: (version 1707)
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=zh-tw&p=1&s=39&m=MAXIMUS%20V%20FORMULA&os=24&ft=3&f_...

Ryguy1988
Level 7
Please could you rephrase your first sentence. I am not sure what information you are looking for?

Ill update the bios and see if that solves the issue.

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forums, Ryguy1988.

Take those readings from AI Suite with a pinch of salt, mate. It's known to be buggy. Sometimes it'll warn you about being 100C too hot or -30C too cold. 😛

kkn
Level 14
you dont by enny chance run enny other monitoring program the AI suite??

Thanks for the advice. I see Asus suite is very buggy. Went from 110C down to -60C in a second. Was funny to watch. I uninstalled it and went back to the version on my setup disk and its much better. No weird temperature fluctuations.

Other monitoring program is the Corsair link program....

kkn
Level 14
the problem is whit monitoring programs is if you run more then 2 you will get buggy readings.