cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G73SW Choppy Gameplay for APBR

exilegod
Level 7
Hey guys,

I've been playing a game called Apb Reloaded recently and it seems that im getting choppy graphics, the graphics freeze every now and then

im using the asus g73sw. What should i do to make my computer run the game faster. keeping in mind im on the lowest grapic settings in game.

im not very tech saavy so please tell me in detail what i need to provide or do for a better gaming experience 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

Muratus
Level 10
Download SpeedFan and check your temperatures and your hard drives S.M.A.R.T. Data. Always rule out the basics first.
Asus G73M (Used to be G73SW-BST6 now renamed to M for the Muratus edition)

• Intel Core i7-2630QM
  • 1080p (1920x1080) LCD (upgraded)
  • Samsung pm830 256GB SSD
  • Sansung 750GB 7200rmp 2nd HD
  • Bluetooth ( added )
  • Blu-ray/DVD ( upgraded )
  • Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Mods:

alright i'l do that now
also will throttle stop help? and how do i set it?

alright i downloaded speed fan, no errors with the drive, the temperatures :

Muratus
Level 10
Is that GPU temp just idle (browsing and the basics) or under game play? That's way to high if it's just idle. You probably need to take apart the laptop, clean the dust bunnies out of the fan/heatsink and repaste the CPU and GPU. It should bring that temp down to 45c to 50c. My SW with a 560M idles at 42c almost always. Heaving Gaming for hours straight it will get up to 75c but never been higher.
Asus G73M (Used to be G73SW-BST6 now renamed to M for the Muratus edition)

• Intel Core i7-2630QM
  • 1080p (1920x1080) LCD (upgraded)
  • Samsung pm830 256GB SSD
  • Sansung 750GB 7200rmp 2nd HD
  • Bluetooth ( added )
  • Blu-ray/DVD ( upgraded )
  • Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Mods:

exilegod
Level 7
i think i had a game running which i shouldn't have
its at 42 degrees idle atm

kimiraikkonen
Level 7
BTW, we must rely on serious temperature detectors like HWInfo64, Open Hardware Monitor. Didn't try Speedfan but other utilities such as Speccy has a major (higher) wrong temperature reading.
ASUS G53JW-XA1

exilegod
Level 7
well does anyone have any idea if throtle stop will help me out? and how shouldi configure it?

exilegod
Level 7
any other advice?