cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel lanfest Phoenix pictures and more pictures!

Retired
Not applicable
I've got to say Phoenix was a blast! A blast of HEAT!!! but it was really fun. We met a lot of new gamers and soon to be overclockers! I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as we did. Here are some of the high lights from the event.

Setting up our booth we have the ROG notebooks, G73 and G51

Scoping out the 3D surround before the event started! These are on Ergotech stands. Really nice stands for multi monitor setup! check them out: http://www.ergotechgroup.com/ We ran off the Rampage III Extreme with a 980X, 3 GTX480 in SLI. OCZ Vertex SSD, Corsair Dominator GT Memory, and Antec 1200watt PSU!

We also had nexgen phase units cooling our Maximus III Extreme Intel 655k, 4x 5870 crossfire also running an OCZ Vertex SSD, Antec 1200TPQ PSU, and Corsair Dominator GT mem kits! The G51 was used for ROG connect which was used for the majority of time for overclocking. the Maximus was running about -40 degrees C.

V2-V3 setting up the machines to bench

and finally the overall booth
7 REPLIES 7

Retired
Not applicable
Let the gaming begin!

Need for Speed SHIFT on day 1 in 3D Surround from Nvidia and the new 120HZ ASUS displays which are coming out very soon.

checking out Mr. Freeze

NFS SHIFT was getting intense!
Check out the awesome Ergotech stands:cool:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs068.snc4/34746_467579462177_115494032177_6414445_74378...

People getting ready for overclocking

Jaxx took first place in NFS SHIFT and won a GTX465!

Ready for Dirt 2!

We had 2 chairs in the beginning. Now look!

Joshua took First place in Dirt 2 and won himself a GTX465!

Overclocking with ROG Connect! and benching on Super PI 1M

For a first time overclocker, Dax took first place using only the ROG connect and setting a Lanfets Super Pi record! 8.46 seconds!

CPU MAGAZINE CASE MOD CONTEST WON WITH A RAMPAGE II EXTREME!

ANOTHER RAMPAGE II EXTREME

ASUS WOOT! SEE YOU GUYS NEXT TIME!

photo gallery

V2-V3
Level 8
Great pics, even better event! I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed working with the OC contestants.

I learned that every one has their own personal method of overclocking and its very interesting to see first hand!

I loved watching first time overclockers the most, you can actually learn from them just as much as they can learn from you!

I must say the 3D Surround was killer, lots of fun and very exciting.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Great pics, I can see the 3D surround rig is a main attraction.

Crazy looking overclocking rigs, V2-V3. Are those SS?

V2-V3
Level 8
Yes sir, those are 2 custom build NexGen single stage phase units 🙂

holding the CPU at about -35c

V2-V3 wrote:
Yes sir, those are 2 custom build NexGen single stage phase units 🙂

holding the CPU at about -35c

sweet looking rigs your have there.

V2-V3
Level 8
why thank you otto 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for posting the pics Brian. My rig is the second rampage cpu mag runnerup lulz... now tell me how to get that RE3 you promised me... j/k

heres some pics of it...